AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I walked into a new to me pawn shop in Georgia. Hanging in the center of their display wall was a new looking M92 for sale. The sales person told me the price was $1000. When I informed him you could buy them on line from a distributor he was surprised. He had no idea what they would go for until I directed him to J&G Sales. You should have seen his expression when he saw the $399 price tag.
Do you suppose anyone will pay $1000 for one?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes I do believe people would pay that much. There are lots of people who just don't know about ordering firearms from online distributors. People often don't know where to look to check prices. And finally at the end of the day Armslist, GB, and every other online firearm classified websites is full of people over pricing and over paying for different firearms.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Sounds like they use the same sales strategy there as they do here -- "There's a sucker born every minute." I try to stay out of places like that because they use sales tactics based upon ignorance and fear. I remember one clown telling me he knew what a bulgy bayo was worth because he had real experience and it wasnt something he read off the internet... he seemed puzzled when I asked where hed served with the USSR...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Walked into a LGS today. WASR and a PAP underfolder, both $1200. Whatever, this place is either hit or mis. Today was a miss.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Our mega LGS & Range has them for $1050 along with $1000 WASR's. Of course they also mark up all their firearms and ammunition similarly huge amounts, $600 Glocks, 50 cents a round for Tula, they charge $75 for a transfer and $20 per-person on their range even if you're sharing the same lane. The place is busy all week and weekends are often so packed you can't see the counters, I just don't get it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yes I do believe people would pay that much. There are lots of people who just don't know about ordering firearms from online distributors. People often don't know where to look to check prices. And finally at the end of the day Armslist, GB, and every other online firearm classified websites is full of people over pricing and over paying for different firearms.
This is sad but true (this is the reason why places like Gander Mountain make a profit from selling firearms). I am sure that some of the people who are trying to sell M92's for $1K+ are people who bought at panic prices and are trying to avoid taking a serious loss. Stay informed and don't let these people get your hard-earned cash!

I saw a bunch of overpriced M92s at the gun show today, some folks just don't do their homework.
I didn't see any M92's at the last gun show I attended back in October, but I did see someone selling an obviously used Springfield Armory SOCOM 16 for more than a new one costs.

·
Registered
317 Posts
cheap AK's that are more than double the online price are an indicator of a gun store that I should browse but not buy at.

was in a local fun store ($1000 pap on the wall) that couldn't have cared less that I wanted to buy a glock 34.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
This month's flyer from Centerfire Systems shows $399.00 for the M92 7.62 X 39mm. The M85 was slightly higher.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The only reason they are priced that high is that there is someone buying them at those prices. I went through the same thing at a LGS and their prices were so high, the employees working there thought they were getting deals by bumping off $100-$200 off for employee discounts, LOL! The owners know how much these cost, so they are strictly priced high to make huge profits which they sometimes feel they are entitled too as business owners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts