AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing the ALG with the wierd little roll pin 'stop' and noted that the gun fired on safe. Put in the stop. filed it down. Inserted the trigger and managed to put the safe down to fire. Now the freaking thing is stuck - the safety tab cannot clear the idiot ALG roll pin and the gun is useless.

DO I have to drill out the roll pin? What now? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK -took a TINY dremel tool on a mini Dremel and wore down the roll pin. BE CAREFUL with this trigger!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
huh? I've done several of them 5 I think, just did one the other day in a Zpap m70. only issue I've had is the trigger reset but that seems to be a break in issue and resolves itself quickly.
I do go slow on the filing of the roll pin and find I generally have to go through the steps of install test remove file repeat. I'm always trying to get no movement on the trigger while on safe.
Was the trigger fully reset when the safety couldn't return past the pin? Was there any interferance when taking safety off safe? I find the paperclip is what gives me the hardest time instead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes- fully reset/fwd; for whatever reason the safety was able to slip past the safety when the safety lever went to fire, but even with the trigger fwd could NOT clear the roll pin at all. I'm just putting this out there as a warning. I had to use one of these tiny Dremel grinding tips with a mini tool to get in there - wasn't easy and I chewed up some of the safety but all functions well now.

As it turns out this ALG is my best. Generally I think they are a bit light and lack a wall; this one, if you go easy has a nice clean break.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
for lightness they include that extra spring. I never use it.
Maybe there is just enough play with the axis pin, either through the trigger or receiver, to have allowed this to happen?

glad you got it resolved. I'm a fan of these triggers. but warn everyone who shoots a rifle of mine with these triggers to make sure finger is off the trigger till ready to fire. made me realize why there is the term combat trigger and the extra weight associated with that term. My Glock 19 always comes to mind, standard trigger non molested.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've never had an issue installing these. You might have just been frustrated and got ahead of yourself haha. Glad it got figured out though, they are excellent triggers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts