AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first Egyptian Maadi RML imported by PARS International. Thing is a beauty! Got lucky and have enough meat on barrel to thread. Got a Maadi slant muzzle break and Egyptian blue pistol grip coming so all I need now is the crutch and a Egyptian mag. The sling is one of the cleanest Egyptian slings I鈥檝e seen!
A9463079-3ABF-4A60-B4CC-80FB2EAE6AC7.jpeg
4576B7D5-C756-4FBC-9D98-CC0CB0DC7308.jpeg
8DC0211B-7477-4CC6-AE0B-400E60F0F961.jpeg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got my first Egyptian Maadi RML imported by PARS International. Thing is a beauty! Got lucky and have enough meat on barrel to thread. Got a Maadi slant muzzle break and Egyptian blue pistol grip coming so all I need now is the crutch and a Egyptian mag. The sling is one of the cleanest Egyptian slings I鈥檝e seen! View attachment 312664 View attachment 312665 View attachment 312666 View attachment 312667 View attachment 312663
Anyone know how to date this one? I know it鈥檚 post ban just curious how you tell the year on these? Has to be a 93-95 because that鈥檚 the only years PARS shipped in to the US.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my ARM i got in 1991 didnt have the crest like yours anywhere on the gun. interesting. and my barrel threads were turned down.
Mine has been turned down also but still has enough meat to thread. That鈥檚 strange yours didn鈥檛 have the crest.

Registered
my ARM i got in 1991 didnt have the crest like yours anywhere on the gun. interesting. and my barrel threads were turned down.
My Intrac Maadi has 95 stamped on it, is that the date?

Bought it used, and the barrel was already threaded, not sure if it was factory or 1st owner threaded thou. Had a muzzle nut on it when I got it, put a slant brake on for a while, but went back the the nut...looks cooler.

Registered
Very nice. You need one of those Maadi parts kits that include the crutch folder.

Registered
Is your buttplate metal with a spring-loaded cleaning kit door, or is it hard plastic?

Registered

Bought it used, and the barrel was already threaded, not sure if it was factory or 1st owner threaded thou. Had a muzzle nut on it when I got it, put a slant brake on for a while, but went back the the nut...looks cooler.

Simply a GORGEOUS Maadi! LOVE the wood!!

Registered
Welcome to the group!

Very nice first Egyptian!!! Little suggestion, hang on to the Bush-hole stock when you install a crutch side folder. Original Maadi Bush-holes are hard to come by as many people have found that you can carve them down into pre-Bush1 stock shapes and refinish.

And funny thing about the RML is that a few made it by AT and unconstitutional F with threads still on the muzzle.

Registered
By the way, Jack Flash, I'm with YOU in that I think that muzzle nuts look MUCH cooler than the slant brakes, which EVERYBODY, it seems, has these days.

Reactions: scottyb

Registered
By the way, Jack Flash, I'm with YOU in that I think that muzzle nuts look MUCH cooler than the slant brakes, which EVERYBODY, it seems, has these days.
I prefer the slant brakes on AKM variants but on any Type 3/most AK鈥檚 made before 1965 i like the Muzzle nut, my polish T3 build came with a slant brake but i pulled that bitch off and put a nut on instead, so worth it!

I guess I鈥檒l go ahead and post my boys up here for you guys to see lol, starting with my Maadi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to the group!

Very nice first Egyptian!!! Little suggestion, hang on to the Bush-hole stock when you install a crutch side folder. Original Maadi Bush-holes are hard to come by as many people have found that you can carve them down into pre-Bush1 stock shapes and refinish.

And funny thing about the RML is that a few made it by AT and unconstitutional F with threads still on the muzzle.
Yes I鈥檓 definitely keeping the bush hole stock. By looking at it you can see the quality is way better than the Mak90 ones. It鈥檚 a beautiful piece of solid wood!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts