AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only way to bring down the price of the Kalashnikov pattern rifle is to lift all prohibitions on Russian and Chinese arms. We should all be focused like a laser in accomplishing this task...
:smileak:

·
Registered
21,765 Posts
Have you been getting into the recreational medicine cabinet?

The assault on imports has been going on since Billary Clitoris. How in the hell do you propose to reverse this trend? I'm still waiting on those Cuban cigars! :roflmao:

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
We would have to have a true believer in the White House for that to happen. Trump's ok when it comes to gun rights, but he's not going to drop the bans and thereby expend his political capital for us. Plus, he's rather stuff be manufactured here than there anyway.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't ask, don't tell...

We would have to have a true believer in the White House for that to happen.
If anyone is spending any time advocating for ANYTHING other than the goal of lifting prohibition, they are wasting their time. Spend time doing something that matters...

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts

The assault on imports has been going on since Billary Clitoris. How in the hell do you propose to reverse this trend? I'm still waiting on those Cuban cigars! :roflmao:
10Gauge there are the counterfeit Cuban cigars.:grin:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Unfortunately, the struggle now a days is keeping what we can still get, what has already been taken is long gone. That is why I have been on purchase panic mode for the past thirty years. That being said, there has been items on the market that I never dreamed of coming in, and even during the Obama occupation.

·
Registered
545 Posts

Sadly it was our "friends" in the government who screwed us. It was George Bush Senior who did THE BAN. All so called "assault rifles" were banned from import, Unfortunately domestic gun manufacturers lobbied for it. George Bush Junior did the barrel ban, that is why we get barrelless kits. Trump Banned the bump stocks. Clinton and Obama banned nothing other than the temporary Clinton Assault weapon ban

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sadly it was our "friends" in the government who screwed us. It was George Bush Senior who did THE BAN. All so called "assault rifles" were banned from import, Unfortunately domestic gun manufacturers lobbied for it. George Bush Junior did the barrel ban, that is why we get barrelless kits. Trump Banned the bump stocks. Clinton and Obama banned nothing other than the temporary Clinton Assault weapon ban
Lets keep this one non-political. Both political parties have fucked us. Lets move forward, rather than looking back. We must identify the problem and face it. All other issues pale in comparison.

Unfortunately, the struggle now a days is keeping what we can still get, what has already been taken is long gone.
positive thinking is what we need now, not defeatism my friend. Once we identify the problem, we can face it head on.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The only way to have a decline in AK prices is by having an increased supply.
This will happen as PSA will put out more models at decent prices.
Rifle Dynamics, Meridian, Definitive Arms, etc are not helping since they charge "boutique" prices for their products.

The last thing on Trump's mind is to have his name and Russia in the same sentence.
It actually takes an act of Congress to lift the ban not a presidential order. That would actually be a scary thing. We certainly don't want our presidents to have that kind of power.

Now, there is the other factor in this price problem. The importers and distributors.

They are the ones setting the prices by restricting how many they release from their warehouse. They like to have the rifles trickle down to us so they can create this perceived low supply and high demand.

If, lets say, the Russians will be allowed to export their goods to us once again, you will see 20 rifles come in every other months and they will be sold out immediately. It keeps the demand high as well as the prices because you don't know when and if the new shipment will come in.

Classic Firearms is a good example of a bad company trying to create a false demand with a false supply in the market. They are sitting on piles of products which they release a little at a time thus assuring a continuation for their business and increased profits over time.

Oh, and let's not forget their Hand Select models which command a higher price for the same inferior quality.

So, yeah, let us all root for PSA's success, Kalashnikov USA too, and why not Zastava USA as well. Sorry if I did not mention others. Century will not be mentioned here as they don't deserve it. Oh snap! I think I just did.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only way to have a decline in AK prices is by having an increased supply.
You are kind of all over the place so I'll address the best part of your post. When you exclude the highest volume producers from the market, you cannot achieve the kind of economy of scale you need to drive down prices. What we need is a halt to market manipulation and an end to prohibition. Full stop.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not to argue, but Obama did the Russian ban, the ATF did the barrel ban, and Clinton did the China ban.
Molot-Oruzhie was added under trump, but it is not the topic of this thread. Let’s stay clear of politics and focus on the single most important task of our lives here people: ending prohibition.

·
Registered
21,765 Posts
Point. I forgot that Bush 1 was before Clitoris, but I was 13 when he left office.

I should clarify my post.... every administration whittled away at our 2A rights in some form or another, or at least attempted to. That's what I meant. Both "Sides" hack away at us.. We get complacent because of a letter following someone's name and we get screwed.

Reactions: Kalliste

·
Registered
21,765 Posts
But anyway.. again.. how are we supposed to roll back restrictions when it's already an uphill battle keeping what we got? We gain ground in some states and lose it in others. The national conversation is dominated by talking heads and empty suits and skirts who are programmed with talking points, edited video and screened interviews.

The time for real action has passed AGAIN. I've already expressed my disdain and disgust with linguini-spined reps who talk a big game until they have the ball and then they drop it and in-fight until the other team takes the field.. then it's 'oh no we cant win oh compromise oh bipartisan' blah blah blah. Sickening. Disheartening. Annoying.

Let's not forget the failings of the NRA-AARP either. ACTUAL 'good guys' who should be working for US who get funds FROM US (in post tax dollars I might add) have lost big battles in the past not by lack of will or funds but by corruption and collaboration. They're still the biggest lobby group and boogieman for the grabbers though but ffs. There are better groups that defend our rights but the following is smaller. Maybe if the NRA collapses, the next biggest fish will pick up the mantle and lead the fight from the front line.

Reactions: BigSal

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
It actually takes an act of Congress to lift the ban not a presidential order. That would actually be a scary thing. We certainly don't want our presidents to have that kind of power.
Actually, the Chinese ban was put in place by a presidential order and can be removed by one.

Classic Firearms is a good example of a bad company trying to create a false demand with a false supply in the market. They are sitting on piles of products which they release a little at a time thus assuring a continuation for their business and increased profits over time.
What we need is a halt to market manipulation
The point of a manufacturer or distributor is to maximize profit with their given manufacturing capacity or supply. It's not market manipulation be smart about the distribution of your products in order to keep from oversupplying the market and then undersupplying later. That's just being smart about selling the products that you have. Now if a manufacturer or distributor was to coordinate with other manufacturers or distributors, that would be market manipulation. What we need is competition from multiple manufacturers like we had in the past. I think we're on that path, but prices will likely never be as low as they once were. Back in the day all the R&D was free and foreign factory wages were low. That's no longer the case. BTW, I realize that Century has a well deserved reputation for producing poor quality products, but their importation of Zastava firearms was great for buyers while it lasted. They did sell Zastava firearms at relatively low prices. In fact, the prices were so low that Zastava figured out they were not getting a big enough cut, so they decided to better manage the process by doing it themselves. Now the prices of Zastava products are higher with the new Zastava factory importer.

Maybe if the NRA collapses, the next biggest fish will pick up the mantle and lead the fight from the front line.
If the NRA were to collapse, it would be a signal to the politicians that stay on our side simply for our votes that the time for massive gun control has come. A better approach would be for membership in the NRA to be surpassed by another gun rights organization while membership in the NRA doesn't decrease.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I’d think a better way to get imports back would be from a rare - vintage - collectible - standpoint.
Get away from being lumped in with all “assault weapon” hysteria.

Trump
Guaranteed he has no idea rebuilding parts kit hobby thing even exists.

NRA and other groups
If everyone pro doesn’t pull their collective heads out of their asses and set their petty personal butt hurt issues aside.
Get on board with one group and all push in one direction ... like the enemy does , none of this matters.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I will be very happy if the barrel ban were revoked. It will be great to get $400-$500 Polish, Romy and Yugo kits in again. Bill Barr can do that at a stroke of a pen. Second, for every bump stock turned in for destruction, the owner gets 1 spot on the MG registry with which they can get any MG (pre/postie) they like any time, kind of a limited time MG amnesty. Again, a limited MG amnesty can be done by executive order.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
As long as the masses are stupid n politician wants to get his hands dirty with some kind of pro-2A legislation.

When another shooting takes place, that politician's carrier will be over because he will be singled out, found guilty of the horrible act which just took place and of course he will have blood on his hands.
Who wants to take on that risk?
Just remember, there are a lot more stupid people than you think. They will buy anything CNN/MSNBC and evil politicians throw at them.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts