·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Lapua.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
you asked for the most accurate.

surely you didn't think it would be inexpensive.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Definitely Lapua. If over $1 a round from Midway is too expensive for you, maybe you should check the Ammunition for Sale section of this website. There may be some Lapua there for much cheaper :wink:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Ermac: There really isnt much differance in the ammo you buy today here in the U.S. for accuracy, unless you spend the $$$ for the more unusual AK ammo. The Russian commercial ammo you get here is made for blasting away, and price point. Of course each different AK will yeild different results, but as a rule most of the 7.62x39 is made to sell and shoot away.

You have a legitimate question, and AKs were not really designed for accuracy to start with. They do their job with a different approach than
the AR platforms.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Golden Tiger proved to be very accurate out of my AK's and an SKS. I bought 4000 rounds last summer and reget not buying at least 10,000. The price at that time was 165.00 per thousand, and we were complaining about that. Hindsight. I'd agree that Lapua would be more accurate If you can swallow that price.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got 12 cases of 20 rounds of Fiocchi ammo brass cased made in Italy, figure it's just as good as any other brass cased 7.62x39 bullet out there.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Ill second the golden tiger. When brass went through the roof I went to golden tiger. Im having trouble finding it now but my understanding is they just signed the contract to supply the Iraqis. I know you can get it online but Ive always preferred the gun show buy for 179.00

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have not tried Golden Tiger but the Yugo surplus is super accurate at least on my AMD65.

223SAINT

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
neinLG said:
Ill second the golden tiger. When brass went through the roof I went to golden tiger. Im having trouble finding it now but my understanding is they just signed the contract to supply the Iraqis. I know you can get it online but Ive always preferred the gun show buy for 179.00
A step up from wolf perhaps but still not the most accurate.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I was at Iola, WI for the reenactment/militaria show they had going on in July/August and there was a guy selling Lapua 7.62x39 for only $6 a box (per 20). I thought nothing of it and only bought 1 box. UGH!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts