AK Rifles banner

The (former) green bean bandit *graphic pic*

2395 Views 21 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  jasonb
Hi all. I spent Sunday doing house and yard work. I came into the house and finally spotted the green bean bandit that has been trashing our garden. My wife has seen him only a couple of times because the his very secretive and probably more than a little afraid of our dogs. Anyway, I took some pics of him prowling around and then decided that he was an unwanted pest, that had to be eradicated. Quickly, I formulated a plan and retrieved my trusty Marlin 22mag from the safe and went to the 2nd floor bathroom. I slid open the screen, chambered a round as "Phil"(my wife, who wasn't home and later told me she named him) lookd around, confused.

That was about the extent of his looking around, as he was broadside at about 20 yards when the CCI 40gr hollowpoint entered his head and out his neck.

Before:

After:

He was about 29in from snout to tail :shock: I don't know how that rates as far as groundhogs go, but he was pretty larget to me. Felt around 20lbs.

I have since mowed my backyard, it's been raining alot :oops:
See less See more
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
aaaw pur lil feller.

now you must make a hat. :smile:
Is that Heinz 57 on the fur?
Brains turn into heinz 57 when hollowpoints enter them.
great, she named him. hope she doesn't hold it against you from offin' the pest.
way to go!! thats about a full grown adult size....
Got a good recipe? :twisted:
One shot, one kill! Good Shooting! :twisted:
I shot at one a few days ago with my AR15 and Eotech at 150 yds. i hit him but never could find him...
Some of you guys trip me out, I'm waiting for the day someone kills someone trying to break into their house and then takes photos of before, and after then puts them up here all before the cops have time to show up at the scene.
Job well done. The trusty .22 cant be beat when coupled with some good shooting. Nice pictures
Ah, the infamous garden marauding ground hog.

We put chicken wire up to keep them and the rabbits out of our garden.
We call those AK pop-up targets in my neck of the woods. On the 4th had some target practice involving some skunks and an UZI. :grin:
we call them whistle pigs, fuzzy pop cans, little fatties, and the like.
1 Ground hog
2 quarts Water
1/4 cup Salt
1/2 cup Soy sauce
2 cloves Garlic whole
3 Hot chili peppers whole
1/4 Onion
1/4 teaspoon Paprika
1/4 bunch Parsley whole
4 Beef bouillon cubes
1/4 teaspoon Freshly-ground white pepper
1 cup Beef or chicken broth
Teriyaki glaze

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut meat into serving pieces and soak in 1 quart water and salt for 3 hours. Transfer meat to 1 quart clear water and soak 4 hours. Drain and dry meat. Place meat in a baking pan with beef broth, soy sauce, garlic cloves, chili pepper, onion, paprika, parsley, bouillon cubes and white pepper. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Baste frequently. Brush with teriyaki glaze while cooking.
See less See more
poor Phil

Make it a little more sporting next time. When you are set to shoot whistle real loud.
Then when he stands up on his hind feet pop him.
But you better be ready. He may be onto the whistle pig thing.

Those things are a real pain in the ass. I confronted one once when I finally caught him eating the animals' food on the farm. He was so fat that he had two feet on one side digging the ground and two feet on the other side digging the barn door trying to get away. Did that the whole length of the barn he was so scared.
I laughed so hard at that comical sight that I couldn't even raise the rfifle to shoot. But he never did come back.
They are almost twice that big around here!!! They are bigger than most raccoons.....Plenty of kudzu to eat.
Glad someone posted a receipe, I have eaten one when I was a teenager. A firend of mine who was from West Virgina, his Mother really knew how to cook wild game and it was very good. Yes and the one he shot that she cooked was bigger than that one.

I have also eliminated them years ago from my In-Laws place, they were digging under the buildings and he wanted them removed, so I just sat in the car with a 22 and waited as each one emerged. I wouldn't really call it hunting but it worked.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.