AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, right. I've gone through many a MAK-90, a couple NHM's, and Polytechs as well. I'm sick of hearing this bullshit justification to not like the Chicom guns. The receiver seems strong as hell, never had a problem. I wonder who started this baloney, but hey, I guess that just means more for us!
:grin:

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
From my understanding, it was because it was easier for them to make with less problems. Probably had warping issues or something with the thinner receivers?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Any one that says the steel is no good or cheap on Chinese weapons is just a flat out idiot. Its damn good steel and harder than hell. The Chinese use thicker recievers and there very well made.....completely heat treated. I'll take a Chinese receiver any day over US made ones......and I have plenty of other maker receivers.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
They have got to be my favorite. I thought I heard somewhere that they had difficulties making a 1.0 so they made it out of 1.6. Just something I heard thats what the ? at the end was for.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, there may be some technical fact to Chinese steel being inferior to that of U.S. or Russian production...may not be the case today though.

However, what the people who often say this fail to acknowledge is that while it "may" be inferior, it isn't soft or worthless by any means. So it's a moot point if true.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
you know what I absolutly LOVE!... most of the AK buyers out there are told Chinese are junk. their buying WASR10's for $400. I see MAK90's for sale all over for way below that.a MAK90's Quality just blows the Romy's out of the water. But hey that means there's more for me and you to buy! I just love how Built the Chicoms are...pull back that handle, ooh it's so smooth. all this talk about chicoms, now I gotta go hold one! :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts