AK Rifles banner

381 - 400 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Man that is a slick rifle!

Just happened to get this demilled section in yesterday was happy to see the right side. Black painted and stamped at Aniston.
So uh, what markings on the other side? :)

I count myself fortunate to have found a holy grail piece for my 11 year - so far - Colt 727 project.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Dammit ! I need to stay away from all gun show's !

Seam like i always find a stray weapon that needs a NEW home .

I bought a new safe 3 weeks ago . NOW i need another one to put this in !

2016' LE6920

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
So uh, what markings on the other side? :)

I count myself fortunate to have found a holy grail piece for my 11 year - so far - Colt 727 project.

Is the lower dated in the 90's ? I have a preban 30rd mag 91' that would go with your lower

I put a new anti tilt follower in it .

Reactions: MPiKM-72

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Is the lower dated in the 90's ? I have a preban 30rd mag 91' that would go with your lower

I put a new anti tilt follower in it .
I honestly don't know the date. I just know that the commercial Colt markings were "correct".

I feel a little awkward asking Colt about the serial of an M16A2.

I appreciate the offer on the mag - I've got quite a few from that era that a buddy carried in Desert Shield/Storm. I was often tempted to sell them since they are preban, but the personal ties inspired me to keep them. If I get the coin soon for some of your uppers perhaps I request the 1991 mag be added for more $.

I collect military issue M16 mags to a mild degree. Mostly FN and Colt.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I honestly don't know the date. I just know that the commercial Colt markings were "correct".

I feel a little awkward asking Colt about the serial of an M16A2.

I appreciate the offer on the mag - I've got quite a few from that era that a buddy carried in Desert Shield/Storm. I was often tempted to sell them since they are preban, but the personal ties inspired me to keep them. If I get the coin soon for some of your uppers perhaps I request the 1991 mag be added for more $.

I collect military issue M16 mags to a mild degree. Mostly FN and Colt.

All FN & Capco & Colt upper's of mine are gone . Waiting for Knob Creek Machine gun shoot to re stock on Colt goody's ..... lol....

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I had some fun this weekend with my buddy's AR-10 and AR-15 while my Colt 6933 is sadly still in NFA prison. I've been putting off getting an AR-10 for years. This was a great reminder that I need one in my collection, they are unbelievably fun to shoot and an absolute tack driver.

IMG_0840.jpg

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
What range is that?
public range in NEPA. Archibald i think. Blows every other PA state run range out of the water that i've been to

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
public range in NEPA. Archibald i think. Blows every other PA state run range out of the water that i've been to
I typically go to the one not far from Jim Thorpe. Pretty good range with 25 & 50 yard pistol and 100 - 300 yard rifle. People have been pretty good

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
I had some fun this weekend with my buddy's AR-10 and AR-15 while my Colt 6933 is sadly still in NFA prison. I've been putting off getting an AR-10 for years. This was a great reminder that I need one in my collection, they are unbelievably fun to shoot and an absolute tack driver.

View attachment 260401

I see a Combloc between those 2 american made brother's ..

Good looking ''Suka'' ....... lol...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Finally found a Brownell's retro lower in grey on their website so I grabbed it.
BRN 601 model that goes well with my Colt A1 (CH) upper.
Fits perfectly with the upper so I'm happy with it.
Not real happy with the Brownell's 601 front hinge pin because it wants to rotate under fire.
I bought 2 front pins so I may try and see if the other works better.
I had thought of threading the pin and finding a flat blade machine screw that looks like the old SP 1 hinge pins.
That should hold it in place better.
Forgot to mention its a great shooter too.
Front hand guard ,pistol grip and buttstock are Vietnam era GI parts.
The 20 round mag is a Colt and pretty much in the white.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Congrats man, that came out great. Still in NFA prison myself

Reactions: TigerHawk
381 - 400 of 489 Posts