AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw it.

Really entertaining film.

Completely un-PC. The opening sequence is great (will not spoil it.) Loyalty, patriotism, and honor are discussed and valued. The film portrays the war in Iraq and the US Soldiers fighting it in a positive light. Pacifism is evaluated and then set aside by a character. You just don't expect to see this coming out of Hollywood.

There's explosions. There's action. There's Jessica Biel. There's a lot of laughs. Totally sweet flick.

See it now.

· Registered
490 Posts
A reviewer here (Arch Campbell) gave it ZERO stars and he almost never does that so when my nephew begged me to take him I thought I was in for some pretty excruciating moviewatching...imagine my surprise!!! :bd: Nonstop loud action, tongue in cheek humor, good acting by a topnotch cast, it was all W-I-N!

There's a lot of silliness and some cheesy CGI but this is a great brain-in-neutral movie.

Oh yeah, I don't think this is a spoiler but they shoot to kill here (but it's not SPR graphic - it's kid friendly).

My nephew said it was the best movie EVAR!!! :goof: (Til next week anyways) :wink:

· Registered
1,968 Posts
Wakko said:
Did any of the original cast make cameos? Any nods towards George Peppard?
apparently there was something at the end of the credits but i didnt stay that long as i didnt know about it. THE orginal face is suppsed to be in there but only for a few seconds i head because he bitched about not having more time. I thought it was a real good movie and was alot like the series that i watched alot of.

· Registered
5,381 Posts
PaperCut1775 said:
A reviewer here (Arch Campbell) gave it ZERO stars and he almost never does that so when my nephew begged me to take him I thought I was in for some pretty excruciating moviewatching...imagine my surprise!!! :bd: Nonstop loud action, tongue in cheek humor, good acting by a topnotch cast, it was all W-I-N!

There's a lot of silliness and some cheesy CGI but this is a great brain-in-neutral movie.

Oh yeah, I don't think this is a spoiler but they shoot to kill here (but it's not SPR graphic - it's kid friendly).

My nephew said it was the best movie EVAR!!! :goof: (Til next week anyways) :wink:
Arch Campbell is a retard.

· Registered
8,049 Posts
PaperCut1775 said:
It amazes me that some people have a brain that won't function in that mode. Others are stuck in that mode. :roll:

Thanks for the review. I look forward to seeing the movie. :grin:

· Registered
8,792 Posts
StuG_1944 said:
saern said:
Mr. T refused to be any part of the film.
Why?
Quote from born-again Christian Mr.T:
"People die in the film and there's plenty of sex," he said. "But when we did it no one got hurt and it was all played for fun and family entertainment. These seem to be elements nobody is interested in anymore."

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.