AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update on my last sbr stamp...here's some back history as posted in a previous thread started by BadBrad...

The 1st one I did took 90 days total (about 8 1/2 years ago) and wasn't on my trust...numbers 2, 3, 4 were on my trust and took 90 days also...number 5 was on my trust and took 5 1/2 months...this one I'm waiting on is through my trust and it's the 6th and final...I'm into 7 months waiting and this is with two requests from the trust examiner to change info on the app...the 1st request was for a change of info that I remove the word "the" out of a line in my trust's title...the last request by the trust examiner was for me to replace the serial number of the gun with my trust info...I called on this one and confirmed that that request was a mistake on the examiner's part...and the wait continues...:rant: ...

Well it's finally here...:dance:...this one took 276 days to happen but it finally arrived on Monday the 7th...the 105 project can finally move forward...just have to wipe the dust and cobwebs off it...:cool:

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Please post pictures as you build.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Update on my last sbr stamp...here's some back history as posted in a previous thread started by BadBrad...

The 1st one I did took 90 days total (about 8 1/2 years ago) and wasn't on my trust...numbers 2, 3, 4 were on my trust and took 90 days also...number 5 was on my trust and took 5 1/2 months...this one I'm waiting on is through my trust and it's the 6th and final...I'm into 7 months waiting and this is with two requests from the trust examiner to change info on the app...the 1st request was for a change of info that I remove the word "the" out of a line in my trust's title...the last request by the trust examiner was for me to replace the serial number of the gun with my trust info...I called on this one and confirmed that that request was a mistake on the examiner's part...and the wait continues...:rant: ...

Well it's finally here...:dance:...this one took 276 days to happen but it finally arrived on Monday the 7th...the 105 project can finally move forward...just have to wipe the dust and cobwebs off it...:cool:
Well I guess I have plenty of time to decide on what stock I want to put on it!

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Are they now requiring fingerprints and what not for Trusts and LLCs, or is that something that is going to happen in the near future?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Now I'm pissed. I sent two in on the same day in March. Got one back for corrections a few weeks ago, still haven't seen either back yet. Assumed it was because of the shutdown but apparently not if you got on back on the 7th.

/threadjack.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Now I'm pissed. I sent two in on the same day in March. Got one back for corrections a few weeks ago, still haven't seen either back yet. Assumed it was because of the shutdown but apparently not if you got on back on the 7th.

/threadjack.
I have no idea about BATFE, but it seems like a lot of the government didn't just all shut down at once. I know they didn't shutdown the ATF E-form stuff until after the shut down.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
just got this email

***UPDATE TO FEDERAL SHUTDOWN***

ATF Imports and NFA Branches are both "accepting" manual forms. However,
the forms will NOT be processed during the government shutdown unless the
application is directly related to ATF's mission of "protecting life and
property." Consequently, if you need to import a defense article or
transfer a NFA weapon pursuant to a U.S. government (federal, state or
local) purchase order or contract, the appropriate branch (Imports or NFA)
may process the application, but it must include sufficient documentation
establishing that the activity (import or NFA transfer) is for the direct
benefit of a U.S. government agency (federal, state or local). There are
only two people working at Imports Branch; NFA Branch currently has four
people working, but this will be reduced to 2 people on Friday.

If the import or transfer application does not correspond directly to
ATF's mission, then it will be held in the mail processing pile until the
shutdown ends and there is personnel to process the application. While
some may choose to continue to submit hard copy applications to ATF,
please be advised that all manually submitted forms will have to go
through manual data entry BEFORE they even get to the examiner. This will
not occur until the shutdown ends.

What is clearly evident is that once the government is up and running
again, there will be a major backlog for forms submitted in hard copy,
especially because these forms will have to go through manual data entry
first, a step that is NOT necessary for eForm submissions. To be sure,
ATF will be facing backlogs in all branches once the shutdown ends because
ATF cannot currently process any application that is not directly related
to its mission. However, the backlog for manual forms will be much much
worse.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll indeed post pics of the build as it progresses...Mike, thanks for that "Update to Federal shutdown"...I have a very good friend who's a builder/importer and it seems as if over the last 6 months he's had more and more problems getting his requests approved...Atf has been requesting changes and amendments to almost all of his form submissions...very similar to the same thing I've gone through with this last Form1...I'm feelin' like I won the lottery gettin' this thing back now...

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
However, the forms will NOT be processed during the government shutdown unless the
application is directly related to ATF's mission of "protecting life and property."
So if they're not performing all the background checks to protect life and property, then why do we have to submit forms for NFA firearms?

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I'll indeed post pics of the build as it progresses...Mike, thanks for that "Update to Federal shutdown"...I have a very good friend who's a builder/importer and it seems as if over the last 6 months he's had more and more problems getting his requests approved...Atf has been requesting changes and amendments to almost all of his form submissions...very similar to the same thing I've gone through with this last Form1...I'm feelin' like I won the lottery gettin' this thing back now...
Amen to that, I bet getting it was a relief. I sure as hell was relieved when I got mine back in February when the scare was still in full swing.

Looking forward to seeing the 105 build, looks like it is really gonna round out your stamp collection :beer: I sure as hell picked the wrong time to finally get inspired to get off my ass and chop my 107CR...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Are they now requiring fingerprints and what not for Trusts and LLCs, or is that something that is going to happen in the near future?
Still in the rules proposal stage

RIN Data
DOJ/ATF RIN: 1140-AA43 Publication ID: 2012
Title: Background Checks for Principal Officers of Corporations, Trusts, and Other Legal Entities With Respect to the Making or Transferring of a National Firearms Act Firearm
Abstract: The Department of Justice is proposing to amend the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regarding the making or transferring of a firearm under the National Firearms Act. The proposed regulations would (1) add a definition for the term "responsible person"; (2) require each responsible person of a corporation, trust or legal entity to complete a specified form, and to submit photographs and fingerprints; (3) require that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm be forwarded to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the maker or transferee is located; and (4) eliminate the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO.
Agency: Department of Justice(DOJ) Priority: Other Significant
RIN Status: Previously published in the Unified Agenda Agenda Stage of Rulemaking: Proposed Rule Stage
Major: No Unfunded Mandates: No
CFR Citation: 27 CFR 479
Legal Authority: 26 USC 7805
Legal Deadline: None
Timetable:
ActionDateFR Cite
NPRM 07/00/2013
Regulatory Flexibility Analysis Required: No Government Levels Affected: None
Small Entities Affected: No Federalism: No
Included in the Regulatory Plan: No
RIN Data Printed in the FR: No
Agency Contact:
Brenda R. Friend
Attorney
Department of Justice
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
99 New York Avenue, NE,
Washington, DC 20226
Phone:202 648-8408
202 648-8408 FREE

·
Registered
4,599 Posts

RIN Data

DOJ/ATFRIN: 1140-AA43Publication ID: 2012
Title: Background Checks for Principal Officers of Corporations, Trusts, and Other Legal Entities With Respect to the Making or Transferring of a National Firearms Act Firearm
Abstract: The Department of Justice is proposing to amend the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regarding the making or transferring of a firearm under the National Firearms Act. The proposed regulations would (1) add a definition for the term "responsible person"; (2) require each responsible person of a corporation, trust or legal entity to complete a specified form, and to submit photographs and fingerprints; (3) require that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm be forwarded to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the maker or transferee is located; and (4) eliminate the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO.
Agency: Department of Justice(DOJ)Priority: Other Significant
RIN Status: Previously published in the Unified Agenda Agenda Stage of Rulemaking: Proposed Rule Stage
Major: NoUnfunded Mandates: No
Timetable:
ActionDateFR Cite
NPRM07/00/2013
Regulatory Flexibility Analysis Required: NoGovernment Levels Affected: None
Small Entities Affected: NoFederalism: No
Agency Contact:
Brenda R. Friend
Attorney
Department of Justice
99 New York Avenue, NE,
Washington, DC 20226
202 648-8408 FREE
Nice .. thanks! I might have to get off my butt and send in a form.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts

RIN Data

DOJ/ATFRIN: 1140-AA43Publication ID: 2012
Agency: Department of Justice(DOJ)Priority: Other Significant
Major: NoUnfunded Mandates: No
Timetable:
ActionDateFR Cite
NPRM07/00/2013
Regulatory Flexibility Analysis Required: NoGovernment Levels Affected: None
Small Entities Affected: NoFederalism: No
Agency Contact:
Brenda R. Friend
Attorney
Department of Justice
99 New York Avenue, NE,
Washington, DC 20226
202 648-8408 FREE
Hmm. That looks like the same exact proposal that has been floating around forever now. I hope that when they implement Obama's executive order requiring fingerprints they just finally push this through. I was worried once that executive order passed the ATF would forget about this proposal and just update the trust requirements.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts