AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overrated? I don't think so. I've mag dumped about 500 round's through mine straight out of the box. Zero malfunction's. I'd sure like to have a range close by to actually put it on paper though. And yes, I am a Colt fanboy. My Serie's 70 1911 is by far my favorite handgun to shoot.

·
Banned
950 Posts
I am not an AR or 1911 fanboy but when I do shoot AR's and 1911's, I only shoot Colts.

Series 70 1911's and Colt AR's FTW.

7n6

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a Colt M16A1 upper I just need a NoDak lower for. Can't wait. The SP1/M16A1 will alway's be the iconic AR for me.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
6721 here. Hbar barrel. Bought used from Police surplus. With ARs I stick to the higher end stuff. The one prior to the Colt was a DD

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I put aside money to buy a 6933 all last year... finally had enough a few days before the December shooting. Havent seen one for 1200 since :doh:

Colt is, if nothing else, a great investment. I love the fact they make SBRs like the 6933 available to civilians. Id probably save money converting an AR, but getting a factory Colt SBR with two 20 round mags, sling, and manual brand new in the box is worth every penny to me.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I carried a Colt M4 for most of my 11 years of military service. I've been LEO for the last 10 years, of which I yet again have been issued a Select-Fire Colt M4 as my SWAT rifle. My personally owned Dept "approved/authorized" rifle is a Colt 6940. And my personal SHTF rifle is a Semi-Auto Colt "M4" stamped SOPMOD Block II clone. Yes, I like Colt, but I don't consider myself a "Fanboi," that being said - EVERY Colt I've been issued or purchased has run like a champ. My 1st AR was (and still is) a Bushmaster A2, but I also own LMT, and an HK. Buy quality and they won't let you down.

About 6 months ago I stumbled into a blued, 100% condition, Colt 1911A1 Series 70 (1977 Mfg) for $600.00 - snatched it up like a bum on a baloney sandwich!!!:cool:

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
If you sell any Colt firearms down the road you'll always be able to get a lot of money for them it seems.
Check out used Python or Detective Special current prices on Gunbroker...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I bought a 6920 after members here gave it high marks, and I am very happy with it. Thinking about a 6940, now...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts