AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the talk about .22LR pistols lately...why not show'em off. Post a pic and specs.

Ruger MKIII 22/45 Factory Threaded (Sight version)
Volquartsen MK II Hammer Bushing
Magazine Safety Disconnect Removed
Hogue 22/45 RP Rubberized Grips

And just for shits and giggles because I just finished uploading the pictures from shooting today...the wife and her SGL-21...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Well my Christmas present that Santa brought early as posted in my other thread.

[quote="BadBrad"

Ruger MK II Slabside Competition Target Model, in Stainless.
I believe that may be a Hogue Grip on it (can't read that small lettering)

I have shot several other Rugers MK II's and I am thinking somebody did some trigger work on this baby cause it is sweet. Smooth as butter with a crisp clean break.....I think this one will be a keeper!

[/quote]

·
Registered
677 Posts
My first .22 pistol, my dad gave it to me about 5 years ago. Shoots .22 short, I still shoot it once in a while.Only about 1,000 were made.
Rare 1870's .22 cal Ballard deringer, missing the lock bar. Also given to me by my dad. I have seen .41 cal before, but I have not been able to find any info on the .22 version.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Snagged image off the net...but this is my favorite .22 pistol to shoot.

....right place at the right time...$150 with 1,300 rounds of .22

Inherited one of these from my wife's grandfather....Rot Jr and I will take the .22's out to our gun club and spend hours just blasting with these .22's. By far the best time we have shooting.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
My wife's Colt Woodsman. 1928 manufacture date. They don't make them like this any more.
My Llama Model XV. The Spanish built a Rick Moranis style shrinker gun, put a 1911 in it and this is what came out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was wandering around a gun show when I spotted this Unique Model 52 22lr...I was familiar with Unique, because my dad brought a 32 Unique home from WWII.
It was marked $150. Looking at it, I noticed right away that the extractor was missing. I pointed it out to the seller, a private vender, and he seemed genuinely surprised. He told me he had shot hundreds of rounds without a jam. Since I knew the Beretta 21a does not have an extractor, that seemed possible.
I talked him down to $100 with the ability to return it if it did not work...
Since I bought it, I have put at least 500rds through it without a single jam or misfire....with great accuracy. A great little all steel 22.

My dad bought this Ruger Mk1 around 1978 used, like new for $40 from a high school acquaintance of mine who needed money for a car repair.
Again, no jams...a classic Ruger, what do you expect? I can't believe some of the problems I read about with some of the new Ruger 22's.

·
Registered
440 Posts

Poor, out of date pic of a couple of mine. 4" S&W 617 and a 5.5" Ruger MKII. With the Bersa Thunder and Ruger Single Six not pictured, I can just about cover any type of handgun shooting ( DA revolver, SA revolver, DA/SA auto, etc. ) with a rimfire.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really want a Single Six. Great way to make 200rnds of .22LR last all day and fun as hell to shoot...not to mention accurate.

CMS

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
22's are great fun! Suppressed 22's are even more fun! I'm gonna have to get one of those threaded 22/45's to try with the SWR Spectre I picked up this week(been "pending" since 7-1).

I love these two suppressed Rugers.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ruger MK II Target Pistol.

Old Model Ruger Bearcat. This is the pistol I use to teach kids to shoot with because it's light weight makes it easy to hold for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts