AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You could always find an OT subject in our forums and nobody's balls would get busted for it. We would all chime in a respone to it. Always positive might I add... I liked that! I assume we will have the same thing here right?

(Just thinking to myself.)

PS will any of you guys still go back to the ARFCOM AK site?

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
OTs are always welcome here...........you can't live and breathe AK all day long.................

I always drop in to see how they are doing over there. I wouldn't hesitate a moment to help The Avilas with anything they ask of me.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
+1 on general response types, I too hope we can maintain te same level of friendliness we did on ARFcom.

Still visit ARFcom at least once a day, can't help to think activity on the dark side has decreased. :goof:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's a different discussion over there, I have always felt you can't speak your mind totally, I even see differences the way alot of people post on ARFCOM instead of gunco, other places, and on here, a completely different personality, I think this is the place to keep it real

I'm addicted to all EBRs so I will still hang out on ARFCOM, but it is just become a place for quick answers to newbie questions, no in depth discussion anymore....who knows it may turn dormant like AKFiles

·
Registered
551 Posts
1Gunner said:
I'm addicted to all EBRs so I will still hang out on ARFCOM, but it is just become a place for quick answers to newbie questions, no in depth discussion anymore....who knows it may turn dormant like AKFiles
You hit the nail right on the friggin head.

That's all the AK side seems to me know, the same exact questions raised every single day by someone with a post count of 10. There's nothing wrong with questions or being new, hey I'm still new to arfcom compared to most of you, but I feel the AK side is getting flooded now, and no real discussions are occuring anymore outside of, "Hey what's the best AK for me, I've been an AR guy and..." or "My finger is sore after shooting my WASR." Not to mention every question about technical issues or nationality of AKs is in the General AK discussions, and not in their appropriate forum. Hopefully (and I feel it will) this forum will become a better source for discussion from the experts.

Long live AK forum, and arfcom..... it was good while it lasted. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
41 Posts
All the repetitive questions are the result of a stupid policy from management. If you all were paid members then you probably never knew that guests and non-paying members cannot see posts that are over 30 days old. As a result, you cannot expect new members to read the forums to get basic info because they will never see it. Not the intent of the policy I?m sure, but certainly the consequence.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
I love all the off topic posts that use to pop up in the general AK forum. It made for interesting topics and replies. Some of those posts use to remind me of a Seinfeld epsiode . A whole string of interesting 'nothing'. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
I'm still a moderator on ARfcom, on the AK side and in the VA Hometown forum.

I have no ill feelings toward the Avilla's. They gave us AK's guys a home when we really needed it.

We just grew out of the home and needed to build our own.

I still check in at least once a day.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I have alot of great memories from "The Dark Side",I plan to check in periodically but I'll be concentrating my efforts here. :grin:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I check in there to see whats going on in the Hometown forum and the Armory.Spending lots of time here though.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Templar said:
I have no ill feelings toward the Avilla's. They gave us AK's guys a home when we really needed it.
ABSOLUTELY!....had Juan been able to be more involved we would still be there! I understand that he has more pressing issues, and couldn't devote the time we needed. He and I are still conversing via email. I wish them and the site the very best! I don't think I will be posting overthere again though.... time to look forward!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Guys I know what ya mean by the same ole same ole. But a newbie is the life blood of our Breed. Really. I was in there shoes, you was in there shoes also at one time. Newbie's always ask the questions that are answered a million times before. While I find myself skipping questions some days .I, when I have time and in a good mood stop to answer the same ole question.... There was a guy that was there to answer our stupid questions, let us be there to step up and answer there's when we can. Im a newbie to High power distance shooting and equipment. Im asking the dumb question over at Sniper Hide. ..LOL...... Bear with them guys, they need our help. :neutral: , IMO WarDawg

G

·
0 Posts
I started out on AR15.com because I had AR's. Mostly they sit in the safe. When I got my first SAR, I became a member at the old http://ak-47.net/ before the great meltdown.

I started posting on the darkside and rarely ever went to the other parts of AR15.com unless it was the AZ hometown forum, but then the mass bannings happened there so there wasn't much of a reason to visit the AZHTF anymore.

I check in daily on the EE and scan the darkside a bit, but not as much as I previously did.

While I'm here, does anyone know why my finger gets sore after shooting a couple of mags through my SAR? :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I guess Ill appoligize in advance cause Im sure I will be asking a lot of the same old questions. I just got my first AK for Christmas this year so am still a major newbi to them. In fact I only have about 300 rounds or so through mine so far (waiting for my scope mount to get here later this week so can see to hit something before burnig to much ammo). I at least dont figure they should TOOOOO basic for a new guy though since the AK dose seem to be real user friendly, hell the first thing I did after bringing it home from the gun adoption agency was to sit down and field strip it and get a good look at the insides, then put it back together, loaded a couple of mags and blew some holes in the junk washer out back off the pourch. :razz: Also helps that mine was already built and sent to me in top working shape. As soon as I can get a better pic of it and figure out how to post it I will have to show it off but its the one in my avitar (which dosent do it justice). Im glad to have found a group of folks though who should be able to anwser whatever questions I come up with and if you bare with me on the dumb ones I may come up with some better ones before long. :hail:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
monkeyman,feel free to ask all the questions you need to. Alot of times new guys are turned off to the AK because the have a cheaper model that has problems(think WSAR).

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
monkeyman,don't hesitate to ask!If someone does'nt want to reply then no ones making them,but we'll get you the answers you need.

·
Registered
132 Posts
monkeyman said:
Well, I guess Ill appoligize in advance cause Im sure I will be asking a lot of the same old questions. I just got my first AK for Christmas this year so am still a major newbi to them. In fact I only have about 300 rounds or so through mine so far (waiting for my scope mount to get here later this week so can see to hit something before burnig to much ammo). I at least dont figure they should TOOOOO basic for a new guy though since the AK dose seem to be real user friendly, hell the first thing I did after bringing it home from the gun adoption agency was to sit down and field strip it and get a good look at the insides, then put it back together, loaded a couple of mags and blew some holes in the junk washer out back off the pourch. :razz: Also helps that mine was already built and sent to me in top working shape. As soon as I can get a better pic of it and figure out how to post it I will have to show it off but its the one in my avitar (which dosent do it justice). Im glad to have found a group of folks though who should be able to anwser whatever questions I come up with and if you bare with me on the dumb ones I may come up with some better ones before long. :hail:
Welcome dude! We all have to start somewhere so feel free to ask away.

When I got my first AK I had no idea how to do anything cept load and shoot now I understand more about how it works and the history a big +

There still come questions from time to time and The Darkside has been great!

If you need a manual for the ak check out the link in my sig I did not get one with mine and so I set up the page to help others with the learning curve and just to have one.

·
Registered
112 Posts
New as well!

Hello, I am quite new as well to the AK world. I have some experience with the rifles. I have friends with AKs and Have aided in the marksmanship instruction of a company of Iraqi Military conscripts. I just purchased my first AK las week a Norinco MAK90 With the infamous "buthole" stock. I am looking to change that out asap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts