AK Rifles banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, just looks like a repair on the left side of the stock. Think I'll wait, depending on how things go on that other auction believe all I'll lack is a gas tube, front stub and selector.

So what's there?

T2
buttstock
rear trunnion
front stub
bolt
gas tube

T3
barrel
lower handguard
selector
rec'r cover
recoil assy

t

· Registered
1,048 Posts
Trueno said:
By the way, what makes that a T2 rec'r cover?

Length of the bump at the front?

t
My 1955 T2 kit has a lot of T3 parts. The top cover doesn't have that bump. My kit is all matching numbers. So I'd say that bump is likely what makes it a T2 cover.

Whats makes a T2 gas tube different from a T3? I thought they were the same... but I'm admittedly new to the T1 and T2 game.

· Registered
1,048 Posts
dskeet said:
Trueno said:
By the way, what makes that a T2 rec'r cover?

Length of the bump at the front?

t
My 1955 T2 kit has a lot of T3 parts. The top cover doesn't have that bump. My kit is all matching numbers. So I'd say that bump is likely what makes it a T2 cover.

Whats makes a T2 gas tube different from a T3? I thought they were the same... but I'm admittedly new to the T1 and T2 game.
Ok I just looked at my SAM7 classic. The topcover on it has the bump on the top and a stamped edge down on the bottom as described in the sticky post that shows the differences.

So I suppose my kit has a T2 topcover and the GB kit has a T3.

· Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dskeet said:

Your T2 kit is all-matching,
your cover doesn't have the bump...

...but the bump makes it T2.

huh?

· Registered
1,048 Posts
1955 T2's were a mix of T3 parts because the T3 was in production that year. So the cover could be a T2 or T3. My kit isn't the best for figuring out the differences between T2 and T3 parts.

But like I posted, my SAM7 has the bump on the topcover.. hell, my SGL does too(its not a ribbed cover), so I really don't think the bump is what makes it a T2 topcover.

· Premium Member
4,327 Posts
why did it sell so low?

im not up on t2/3 but $585 seems a bit low?

wtf happened to that thing it looks like one of those mexican drug lord chrome blinged out monstrosities...

· Registered
1,048 Posts
mike_r123 said:
why did it sell so low?

wtf happened to that thing it looks like one of those mexican drug lord chrome blinged out monstrosities...
It's a grab bag of parts. Looks like mostly T3 parts, which isn't correct for a 1953 T2 rifle. It's like an unmatching T3 kit that just happens to have T2 receiver stubs.

It'll be a fine rifle, no doubt. It's just not a kit that will catch big bucks from the collectors out there. I would have bought it if I didn't already have a T2 kit.

· Premium Member
4,327 Posts
dskeet said:
mike_r123 said:
why did it sell so low?

It's a grab bag of parts. Looks like mostly T3 parts, which isn't correct for a 1953 T2 rifle. It's like an unmatching T3 kit that just happens to have T2 receiver stubs.

It'll be a fine rifle, no doubt. It's just not a kit that will catch big bucks from the collectors out there. I would have bought it if I didn't already have a T2 kit.
ahhhh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.