·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Heart attack? WTF?

He HAD a heart??

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
My first thought was..........I can't believe how LUCKY he was. :mad: He should have went after about 24 hours straight of torture performed by a group of Muslim women preferably! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
10,323 Posts
With Muslim extremist what they are today, I wonder how society and history will view him 20-30 years from now? Muslims have to this day, slaughtered and persecute Christians and Jews but they get a free pass in the mainstream press but flip the coin and we have a demon with Milosevic. Difference between right and wrong is who has the force to prove their version of right and wrong.

Not defending the piece of shit but he had many who supported him by proxy , by overlooking and allowing his deeds go unchecked.

Hootbro

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I think alot of people think that Milosevic was only responsible for the slaughter of thousands of Bosnian Mulsims. Let's not forget that he was also responsible for the deaths of thousands of Croatian Catholics as well.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Simply put.........He was a POS dirtbag. Just like a LOT of other POS dirtbags in power. Like in Iraq, Iran, Libya, Liberia, Venezuala, Cuba, the OLD Soviet Union............the list goes on.......we've all heard it.

It's simply a matter of waiting to see what kind of POS the folks get next. :wink:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hootbro said:
With Muslim extremist what they are today, I wonder how society and history will view him 20-30 years from now? Muslims have to this day, slaughtered and persecute Christians and Jews but they get a free pass in the mainstream press but flip the coin and we have a demon with Milosevic. Difference between right and wrong is who has the force to prove their version of right and wrong.

Not defending the piece of shit but he had many who supported him by proxy , by overlooking and allowing his deeds go unchecked.

Hootbro
Dead the fuck on..............

I agree Hoot.

I was like fuck him before........

amazing how all the bullshit lately with Muslims makes me think "hate-crimes" are just crimes..............

:troll:

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
762hurts said:
Hootbro said:

Hootbro
Dead the fuck on..............

I agree Hoot.

I was like fuck him before........

amazing how all the bullshit lately with Muslims makes me think "hate-crimes" are just crimes..............

:troll:
And Hitler built the autobahn.....60 years have passed, and Hitler is still a scum bag.

I have spent about 2 years of my life in the area thanks to Milosevic, so am no fan.. BUT he is still a scumbag.

You guys didnt go to the Balkans right after everything stopped, did you?

EVERY side in the conflicts was evil.. They all did shit like killing their neighbors, burning their houses to the ground, raping their women, etc.. The Muslims and others just had a better PR machine.....You can actually thank CNN and Christine Amanpour (who is a Muslim from Iran BTW) for that one....

Ever comfort a woman who tells you how her neighbors of 20+ years decided to rape her daughters, kill her husband, then burn down their house, simply because she was another ethnic group?

Ever visit mass graves? One enthic group rounded up all the men of another ethnic group, took them to the edge of town, shot them all Nazi style, and then buried them in one shallow grave....

Ever see whole towns destroyed simply because the people from one neighborhood decided that after a whole lifetime of living together with another, they didnt like each other anymore?

All sides did this to each other....

Also, you will find that the almost the only Muslim extremists in the Balkans are Arabs that only came their to fight.... The local muslims are by and large muslims in name only..... Its like saying America is a Christian nation.. Sure, there are Mosques in the town, but only the old poeple go.. Its not like the Arab world, where life comes to a stop 5 times a day during prayer, where some guy calls everyone to prayer, women are locked up, etc.....

BUT, if you ever visit the area you can kind of see why the Serbs did what they did.. Visit a Serb town, its in order, clean, etc.. Run down, but still clean.. Visit a Kosovar Albanian town (example) and you will find trash, wild dogs, barefooted children running wild, 3 guys watching for every 1 working, etc..... I would not want these people in my neighborhood either... While it does not give someone an excuse to go rape, pillage and burn, you can sort of understand it...

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Interesting read Stottman. You really provide a perspective on the situation that most of us won't ever get to witness. A friend that I've lost touch with spent about a year in Mostar back in 1998, I think. IIRC, she worked for Mercy Corps for a while and then the UN or something like that. Anyway, she had a pretty similar take as on the situation as you did.... all sides were guilty, it's just that the Serbs had better access to weapons. I've only been to the safer Balkan countries of Romania and a little of Bulgaria. On a side note, what's it like being an American in Serbia? Are they relatively friendly or is there hostility? I ask because I've thought about driving to Croatia next time I go to RO and would have to drive through Serbia.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I did two tours in the Balkans..so I agree 100 % with what Stot has to say..I saw more evil shit from all sides

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Tapeo1 said:
Interesting read Stottman. You really provide a perspective on the situation that most of us won't ever get to witness. A friend that I've lost touch with spent about a year in Mostar back in 1998, I think. IIRC, she worked for Mercy Corps for a while and then the UN or something like that. Anyway, she had a pretty similar take as on the situation as you did.... all sides were guilty, it's just that the Serbs had better access to weapons. I've only been to the safer Balkan countries of Romania and a little of Bulgaria. On a side note, what's it like being an American in Serbia? Are they relatively friendly or is there hostility? I ask because I've thought about driving to Croatia next time I go to RO and would have to drive through Serbia.
I would not drive in the part of the world anyway..Not unless you are in a junker that you can trash. Roads are horrible, Police are corrupt, and car theft (even at gunpoint) happens often. There is a reason most Euro rental car companies wont even let you take a go-cart there.... I have always felt safe in the area, but thats because I had a M9 in my pants....

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Stottman said:
I would not drive in the part of the world anyway..Not unless you are in a junker that you can trash. Roads are horrible, Police are corrupt, and car theft (even at gunpoint) happens often. There is a reason most Euro rental car companies wont even let you take a go-cart there.... I have always felt safe in the area, but thats because I had a M9 in my pants....
I've mentioned some of these concerns to my Romanian friend that I'd be going with but they assure me that it would be just fine. Easy for them to say being that they don't walk around carrying a US passport. Car? It'd most likely be a mid nighties Romanian Dacia. As far as the crappy roads, I've been through that in rural RO. I've also dealt with the corrupt cop thing but it could be worse there. I wonder if there's train service from RO to Croatia? That to me would be a better way to go anyway.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Tapeo1 said:
Stottman said:
I've mentioned some of these concerns to my Romanian friend that I'd be going with but they assure me that it would be just fine. Easy for them to say being that they don't walk around carrying a US passport. Car? It'd most likely be a mid nighties Romanian Dacia. As far as the crappy roads, I've been through that in rural RO. I've also dealt with the corrupt cop thing but it could be worse there. I wonder if there's train service from RO to Croatia? That to me would be a better way to go anyway.
Well, I always plan for the worst; Car hijacked, girl stolen and sold into prostitution (happens there), etc.... I would take a train or fly..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tapeo1 said:
I was in Mostar for a NATO op with SFOR back in 1998. It was a nice place if you didn't look past the very surface. I never left the UN airfield, but across from the airfield was a little area with houses. If you looked at the houses through binoculars, you could see that the houses bere mostly just incomplete shells.

Here is a pic of our birds in Mostar:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
What always puzzled me was the transition from 'We need to kill the muslim invaders.... 800 years after the fact', to 'Hey, lets loot their houses, rape the women, and line everybody up and kill them'. That's a pretty big step.

I understand how, if somebody lined up your family and shot them, how you might want to return the favor.

I always tried to stay away from the serbs. They made it pretty clear that they were pissed about us getting involved.

Another thing that completely undermined everyones credibility in Bosnia was that during the conflict, if the Serbs (or Bosnians) wanted to get supplies through enemy territory, you could pay a bribe to get your stuff through. To me, that is treason, and the people who allowed it should be shot on sight (whichever side you are on). I just don't get it.

One of the big problems in the region is the media.. it's completely compartmentalized. Each small town generally has it's own radio/TV/Newspaper, controlled by the local strongman. Each promotes their own agenda, independent of the nation/regional/ethnic/religious good. Nobody wants to give up any power for the good of the whole. People there don't travel like we do, either. They may spend their entire life in a city, and never go to the city down the road that's 15 clicks away (especially if it's got a different religous slant). How are you supposed to unite a people when they don't even communicate?

One last thought..

There was a river near where I was with a dam. The serbs would rape and kill the muslim women, and throw them in the lake when they were done with them. They threw so many bodies in the water, that the guys that ran the hydro electric plant asked them to stop, because the bodies were fouling the impellers on the generators. I don't know how many bodies it takes to clog a hydroelectric plant, but it's gotta be more than a few.

I don't have any delusions about the muslims being 'innocent victims', either, but the serbs definately started as the aggressors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts