AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased one of these and I want to use it with ANY mags. I know there is a compliance issue since the mag that the gun came with contains one or more us made parts.

Which parts on the gun are US made?

Which way will me the most economical to get it compliant, so I can use ANY mags?

·
Registered
581 Posts
This is from an email from CZ-USA:

If you have a CZ-USA VZ58

"It looks like the 5 U.S. made parts are:
1.Magazine follower (polymer)
2.Magazine base (polymer)
3.Trigger (polymer)
4.Sear (steel)
5.Disconnector (steel).

Two magazine parts were in order to make it comply with 922R and be importable.

Also in order to comply with 922R it must contain no more than 10 imported parts and they are:
1.Receiver
2.Barrel
3.Barrel extension
4.Bolt
5.Bolt carrier
6.Gas piston
7.Buttstock (fixed or folding)
8.Pistol grip
9.Handguard (both peices considered one)
10.Magazine body"

·
Registered
581 Posts
Which way will me the most economical to get it compliant, so I can use ANY mags?
The most economical way to use any Mag would be to replace the Mag base and follower with U.S. made parts...

TGI has U.S. Made vz58 Floor Plates $6.70 and Followers for $6.49... :grin:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Someone is selling a US made gas piston, so thats one more us part...I think ORF is making a us made Fire Control Group, which will also make enough US made parts to use any mag.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Fishpaw said:
Someone is selling a US made gas piston, so thats one more us part...I think ORF is making a us made Fire Control Group, which will also make enough US made parts to use any mag.
The TGI Vz58 comes with a US made FCG.

The options are: gas piston ( hotbarrel makes 'em ) and pistol grip

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The piston is definitely #1 choice for replacement with US part.
I did not want to mess with the furniture as it matches perfectly on my gun ... what are my other options???

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
stoyan79 said:
The piston is definitely #1 choice for replacement with US part.
I did not want to mess with the furniture as it matches perfectly on my gun ... what are my other options???
If you use a US made gas piston, you can separate your factory mag parts and share 'em among the rest. and have one US part per mag (instead of two per mag).

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Stoyan, how about a range report on that badboy. I've read a few other threads on those where people had some serious issues and said TGI's customer service sucked. Also don't know about everybody else, but a polymer trigger and steel sear just does'nt sound too good to me. The polymer has got to eventually wear , and then what?
This thread verifies the trigger theory

http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b ... 9&t=559160

Read the 15th post by Tipsovr and the first one.......

Please keep us updated on the perfomance and the cust. service from TGI if you have to deal with them.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries here, ORF now makes metal trigger, so I can change my trigger cheaply and in 10 minutes.

Overall I am very satisfied with the rifle and will keep it. No problems so far.

loner42 said:
Stoyan, how about a range report on that badboy. I've read a few other threads on those where people had some serious issues and said TGI's customer service sucked. Also don't know about everybody else, but a polymer trigger and steel sear just does'nt sound too good to me. The polymer has got to eventually wear , and then what?
This thread verifies the trigger theory

http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b ... 9&t=559160

Read the 15th post by Tipsovr and the first one.......

Please keep us updated on the perfomance and the cust. service from TGI if you have to deal with them.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
send rifle to a c2 and have the gay muzzle extension replaced with a u.s. one and add a gas piston is the best way to get compliant mags.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I think Panaceabeachbum made some compliant parts at one time but seems like i read that ORF made his receivers so PB's parts were not compatible, but they might in the Czech. receivers. Not 100% sure about that though.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who is C2?

obiwanbonjovi said:
send rifle to a c2 and have the gay muzzle extension replaced with a u.s. one and add a gas piston is the best way to get compliant mags.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
class 2 manufacturer. If you do it yourself for a few minutes you ae considered to be in posession of a sbr. Its worth the price to have it done though since you get a 2fer a better muzzle device and one less u.s. mag part to deal with

1 - 14 of 14 Posts