AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are their AMD 65 builds? I have a friend offering me one, and wanted to know if they are GTG?

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
3 family members bought one. One is perfect and the other two had issues. The second ones stock was so tight it could not be folded. The third one wasn't properly headspaced. Tgi fixed the latter two with haste. IMO they may have issues so look it over real good before you buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one the fit and finish on mine is good. The grips are rough. The weld on the muzzle brake is sloppy on many. Just a little Tack weld. I have heard that some of the welds have broke. Try to buy it in person or roll the dice. The paint seems a little weak, but if it gets bad ill strip it and put something better on it. Some people have reported feed issues. Ive only test fired mine once and put it in the safe. It ate 200 rnds of tula without a hiccup. I love mine. My father got one at the same time and his looks good too. It fed by hand but has not been fired. We got them from buds back when they were around 450 or so. At that price we took the gamble but we looked them over before we transferred them.

·
Technical Advisor
15,526 Posts
A few had the issue where if the magazine (steel milspec) is pulled to the rear it will release from the front latching area. The mag well was cut a bit too long, and the fix was to elongate the selector stop to eliminate the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts