AK Rifles banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
What you say is true. Realistically to many Sherriffs depts im the nation are headed up by
1. Sherriff's who dont know their constitutional powers.
2. Do know but wont politically risk stepping that far out of line with the feds.
3. Dept runs mostly on federal grant money and the Sherriffs like the military toys the fed hands out to much to cross them.

Some vfc Sherriffs will stand. A great many wont even in Texas
You could be right about Sheriffs not standing up to the feds. Some do though. Even recently some Sheriffs in Maryland I believe it was said they will not enforce any new state gun laws. This was just a year or two ago.

Only Alaska and Connecticut do not have Sheriffs. The other 48 states have Sheriffs. The Sheriff of my county and the former Sheriff of a neighboring county both said they are for the Second Amendment. The neighboring county has a new Sheriff since the other one retired. I don’t know where this new one stands.

Allen county Ohio Sheriff Matt Tregila is pro 2A even though he got hit by a bullet that ricocheted off a Lima police cruiser fired by some idiot shooting a gun in the air on New Years day last year.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Im in ne ky. I know several sherriffs and every county in ky is a declared 2A sanctuary county.
That said there are alot of sherriffs in the more rural ones wont play with the feds.
Some that are getting alot of federal funds may. Unless they pass a law here fining them if they do.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Yes. Sheriffs can arrest federal and state agents. Sheriffs can also kick feds out of their county and not allow them to have police powers in their county. It is in the Constitution.
Oh, I get that. I guess I picked the wrong emoji, lol. I'm sure federal agents would be shocked to hear this though. ;)

But what's this Constitution thing your blathering on about? I don't think most federal government employees have heard of it.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Oh, I get that. I guess I picked the wrong emoji, lol. I'm sure federal agents would be shocked to hear this though. ;)

But what's this Constitution thing your blathering on about? I don't think most federal government employees have heard of it.
The Constitution is what politicians use as toilet paper.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am reasonably sure that our county sheriffs are reduced to bailiffs and subpoena servers, with no law enforcement duties. I have never heard of one making or being involved in an arrest. It was always a quaint thing that they had out in the country where the wall of Walmarts started (before Walmart moved into suburbia).

We had/have 94 crap hole municipalities, most of which have their own revenue generating road tax agents...
...and a county police force, that has been reasonably professional, though only really responsive if blood is spraying and bullets are flying.

Turns out, someone figured out how to deprive me of a level of constitutional protection, and I never knew it until now.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
My Sheriff has said he will not confiscate guns. He said he is upholding his oath of office. This article in Ammoland about him and some other Ohio Sheriffs. This is an older article from when Obama was in office. Al Solomon is no longer Sheriff of Auglaize county, retiring recently. Sam Crish is no longer Sheriff of Allen county. He was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison for bribery, extortion, and other charges. He had a gambling problem is why he committed these crimes. Crish did say he would not confiscate guns too.

Local Sheriffs Refuse To Enforce Obama Gun Control Proposal

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
My guess is it is full auto M1 early since it still has the Cutts comp on it and probably only fits a box mag.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Texas coming strong these pass few years, All other states should follow and learn. Maybe one day NY, CA will be free as it once was.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts