AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, its true, and Abbott signed the bill in June that takes place on September 1st of this year. Here is a pretty good video about it:

While I think this is great, I would urge ANYONE who plans to manufacture or buy one of these under the new State law to proceed with extreme caution, because the current illegal regime is not going to let this one slide, and its my belief that issues like this are going to lead to more States invoking the 10th Amendment at an already weak federal government, I believe this is going to cause some very severe rifts such as State and local police being ordered to arrest feds for attempting to intervene in their State.

This is how we are going to turn the tide, especially with gun laws.

·
Super Moderator
26,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The more power wrested from the ATF the better until they are reduced to tax collectors or disbanded as they actually should be.
No argument from me on this, but lets not forget that when the PRK allowed medical marijuana after a vote in that State, the feds did continue to hassle and even raid dispensaries making life hard for the owners of such legal businesses. They did eventually give up, but this is going to be different I think.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
No argument from me on this, but lets not forget that when the PRK allowed medical marijuana after a vote in that State, the feds did continue to hassle and even raid dispensaries making life hard for the owners of such legal businesses. They did eventually give up, but this is going to be different I think.
Yeah, this will be more like Ruby Ridge or Waco...

·
Registered
My Oleg Doesn't Hurt Anymore. 👌
527 Posts
Lmao, seriously no it wouldn't. No one was going to go out on a limb to have the back of an outlandish armed cult, and the ATF had full control of that exact narrative back then.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I believe the fed will try to keep enforcing though they donf have the manpower.
And they SHOULD lose in court according to the COTUS. If they do then the fed can probably kiss using the commerce clause to regulate weapons goodbye. As it should be. Or it may go as it does in my own state where even felons caught with guns seldom go above the county judicial level and are pled to something else, never reaching the attention of a federal agency.

·
Registered
218 Posts
This should be interesting.

When comparing this with drugs, the thing is that they are much easier to grow and distribute in smaller portions to a much larger number of people. With a piece of machined equipment, there are fewer real world manufacturing points, and many fewer people who will purchase them. Probably no warranty on the drugs either, so higher potential for serial numbers and lists of customers, just to cover warranty claims. So there will be less required manpower, and they have started expanding the capitol police force and establishing offices across the country.

How much local law enforcement was involved in Waco and Ruby Ridge?
They may not have built the federal numbers up to do a nationwide sweep, but could probably go state by state.
And the sanctuary laws only prevent local from cooperating and participating. Local will not defend citizens against federal who are acting illegally. They just stand by and watch. Standoffs should be interesting, too. Citizens ringed by federal, who are then ringed by local, to keep the mess from spreading into the rest of the community.

Make no mistake, things never work the same way for both sides. Sanctuary cities and states for illegal aliens were allowed to go unchallenged because democrats wanted them. Sanctuary counties and states for firearms will meet with the maximum challenge, because democrats don't want them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This should be interesting.

When comparing this with drugs, the thing is that they are much easier to grow and distribute in smaller portions to a much larger number of people. With a piece of machined equipment, there are fewer real world manufacturing points, and many fewer people who will purchase them. Probably no warranty on the drugs either, so higher potential for serial numbers and lists of customers, just to cover warranty claims. So there will be less required manpower, and they have started expanding the capitol police force and establishing offices across the country.

How much local law enforcement was involved in Waco and Ruby Ridge?
They may not have built the federal numbers up to do a nationwide sweep, but could probably go state by state.
And the sanctuary laws only prevent local from cooperating and participating. Local will not defend citizens against federal who are acting illegally. They just stand by and watch. Standoffs should be interesting, too. Citizens ringed by federal, who are then ringed by local, to keep the mess from spreading into the rest of the community.

Make no mistake, things never work the same way for both sides. Sanctuary cities and states for illegal aliens were allowed to go unchallenged because democrats wanted them. Sanctuary counties and states for firearms will meet with the maximum challenge, because democrats don't want them.
Sancutuary cities for illegals were unchallanged because it is settled constitutional law over a 100 yr period of cases that any state has the absolute right to ignore ANY act of congress. Period.
All that could be done was the feds try to enforce immigration law alone. We see what a bang up job they did and do left to themselves.

This will be no different. Texas is free to ignore and not enforce ANY fed gun gun regulation it choses. Or all of them.
It will then be up to the feds to try to stop a flood of suppressors with no local le, court or even jailers help.
Suppressors are not hard to make. Any basic home machine shop can and honestly do right now produce them.
The feds dont have the manpower to stop suppressor use or sales in 5 counties much less a state.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I thought Kansas did something similar at the state level, and the feds still arrested and prosecuted some KS builder anyway. Not sure on the details. But I hope what TX has done spreads to more and more states. The NFA is unconstitutional, stupid, arbitrary, etc, just like the F-ATF.

·
Registered
329 Posts

Be different alright...IF...the state Texas uses it's police to protect, from when thief's show up to do harm...call 911...they arrest the armed atf bandits like any other group of thugs.

AND

Charge them, real bail money trial...and guess what...here's our prisons, sorry no club Fed.

Think the illegal invaders they are letting in are not getting help, think they could do all the damage on their own, without fear of arrest.

Sounds good intentions ...but put some teeth in it. Like they say.....otherwise meaningless chatter from uniparty for election spin.

·
Super Moderator
26,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought Kansas did something similar at the state level, and the feds still arrested and prosecuted some KS builder anyway. Not sure on the details. But I hope what TX has done spreads to more and more states. The NFA is unconstitutional, stupid, arbitrary, etc, just like the F-ATF.
They did, and the video I posted has a link with those details.

Reactions: Wyo Wolverine

·
Super Moderator
26,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is already being prepared for litigation on day one. No one should want to be the test case.
Someone will be first for sure, and while I agree I would not want to be the guy, it does make me wonder if a State attorney will be paid for by Texas. Either way, we all know this has to happen, because its high time we start taking our rights back, instead of crying that they keep getting more draconian.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If Texas actually backs it up by actively blocking the ATF from enforcing the NFA it could get really spicy. ATF agent(s) attempt to arrest someone, someone shoots at the ATF agents because they are trying to steal from him, local LEOs show up when the ATF inevitably calls for help, but instead arrest the ATF agents for burglery/home invasion/theft and put them away on state felony charges.

If states did that, you can bet that ATF enforcement in those states would drop the zero.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If Texas actually backs it up by actively blocking the ATF from enforcing the NFA it could get really spicy. ATF agent(s) attempt to arrest someone, someone shoots at the ATF agents because they are trying to steal from him, local LEOs show up when the ATF inevitably calls for help, but instead arrest the ATF agents for burglery/home invasion/theft and put them away on state felony charges.

If states did that, you can bet that ATF enforcement in those states would drop the zero.
Constitutionally the states cant prevent fed agents from enforcing fed law. However without state aid and resorces LE jails, courts etc the Fed is almost powerless to enforce its own laws because it has nowhere near the man power. That is why ICE squealed so loudly in sanctuary cities. They dont have the manpower to back up their own decrees.

Tx is absolutely within its constitutional right to do what its done.
If picked up by chance by a fed and tried in fed court the suppressor owner would be toast.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Any sheriff that is elected to office can kick the ATF out of his county. That is in the Constitution. Sheriff can arrest any federal agent or state agent. Before Prohibition the feds would ask Sheriffs if they could come into their county to enforce a law. The feds don't do that anymore. They just walk right in and do what they want.

SCOTUS has already ruled on this in Mack and Printz vs. United States when Slick Willy was in office.

And I found this posting by a Sheriff’s office by doing a search. I don’t have a Facebook account but somethings I can view when searching.

Sheriff has more power than any politician including the President.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Any sheriff that is elected to office can kick the ATF out of his county. That is in the Constitution. Sheriff can arrest any federal agent or state agent. Before Prohibition the feds would ask Sheriffs if they could come into their county to enforce a law. The feds don't do that anymore. They just walk right in and do what they want.

SCOTUS has already ruled on this in Mack and Printz vs. United States when Slick Willy was in office.

And I found this posting by a Sheriff’s office by doing a search. I don’t have a Facebook account but somethings I can view when searching.

Sheriff has more power than any politician including the President.
What you say is true. Realistically to many Sherriffs depts im the nation are headed up by
1. Sherriff's who dont know their constitutional powers.
2. Do know but wont politically risk stepping that far out of line with the feds.
3. Dept runs mostly on federal grant money and the Sherriffs like the military toys the fed hands out to much to cross them.

Some vfc Sherriffs will stand. A great many wont even in Texas

1 - 20 of 54 Posts