AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a big collector or shooter of handguns. They to me, don't offer the enjoyment that rifles do on the range and in the collecting room. that's just me though.

If I was in a state that required a license, and did not have a concealed handgun license, I wouldn't go near a handgun. That would be my personal choice. A rifle carbine like AKs and ARs will stop an intruder just as well if not better than most handguns. And they're more of a hazard to children, in my opinion.

I know a lot of guys collect them, and one day I might.

I've had 2 handguns. A Glock 17, and a CZ-52. I sold the Glock because I realized:

1) There's no point in having one if you don't have a CHL
2) Everytime I'd go to the range with it and my other rifles, I'd never end up shooting it, so what's the point.

In TX it's perfectly legal to walk down any public street with a rifle on your back as long as no one complains, then it's a distrubance of the peace. :neutral:

Get caught with a handgun anywhere on you, or in your car without really good reason, and expect some jail time.

Stupid, but that's how it is.

My personal opinions. :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,220 Posts
MauserMark said:
Get caught with a handgun anywhere on you, or in your car without really good reason, and expect some jail time.
Private vehicle carry has been legalized in TX for non CHL holders. I beleive it was in September or so - youd have to look it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,287 Posts
SVT said:
MauserMark said:
Get caught with a handgun anywhere on you, or in your car without really good reason, and expect some jail time.
Private vehicle carry has been legalized in TX for non CHL holders. I beleive it was in September or so - youd have to look it up.
It has always been legal, as far as I know, if you could prove you were traveling which involved staying overnight or multiple nights within Texas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,220 Posts
SturmGrenadier said:
SVT said:
MauserMark said:
Get caught with a handgun anywhere on you, or in your car without really good reason, and expect some jail time.
Private vehicle carry has been legalized in TX for non CHL holders. I beleive it was in September or so - youd have to look it up.
It has always been legal, as far as I know, if you could prove you were traveling which involved staying overnight or multiple nights within Texas.
Sorry for the thread hi-jack. :oops:

The thing is I beleive they ditched the whole 'traveling' definition. Id have to look it up. Hi-jack over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes.... :mrgreen:

we all know about the word "traveling" within that law.

And yes they only changed it so to make it that traveling now is being in a Car...

BUT

The Attorney General of I believe TX or Houston responded after it was passed that they STILL plan on prosecuting those that carry a handgun in their car without a CHL. There's was a big thread on it in the TX arfcom forum, and not much can be done, except to challenge it in the courtroom.

From my knowledge of those that were pulled over before they changed the wording, people WERE prosecuted for having handguns in the car, one guy was prosecuted with a felony at a gas station one day before the new law went into affect (he was a brother of an arfcommer). The guy had just bought the handgun at academy I believe, had pulled into a gas station, the cop pulled him over inside the station (not sure if he pulled him over and they pulled into the station, but his car and him were searched at the gas station), he found the handgun in the case on the front seat, and because he was at a gas station (something to do with a place that sells alcohol) he was put on trial, not sure what the outcome was. :neutral:

I took my CHL class in november, and the LEO and the teacher STILL strongly suggested not having one in a car before you get your CHL back. That was their words, the Cop's words especially. :confused:

-mark
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top