AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, this morning I flew over the handlebars of my bike and onto my face and rolled around a bit, the Ruger SP101 in my thunderwear stayed in place, didnt fire, didnt pinch or jab me, forgot it was there until I had to load the bike into a car and realized I shouldnt drive, then realized I shouldnt carry a gun, so I gave it to a responsible ccw family member and made my way to the hospital. I am quite pleased with the thunderwear, but it does need to be adjusted sometimes when I first get on the bike....

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yeah I remember your thread awhile back about biking and CCW. So you decided to go with the snubby? Sounds like that crash got your attention a little. Glad youre OK. My bike is my primary means of transportation these days. Havent put gas in my truck in over a month.

Ive never tried the Thunderwwear but Ive heard a lot of good things about 'em. My $10 Uncle Mikes IWB holster is still working pretty well for me.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts

As a Sportbike rider I'm glad you're OK.
When I carry I keep mine under the seat mostly.
I'm pretty fearful of having my gun on my body if I crash hard.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Re: Testimonial to THUNDERWEAR!

dale914 said:
SO, this morning I flew over the handlebars of my bike and onto my face and rolled around a bit, the Ruger SP101 in my thunderwear stayed in place, didnt fire, didnt pinch or jab me, forgot it was there until I had to load the bike into a car and realized I shouldnt drive, then realized I shouldnt carry a gun, so I gave it to a responsible ccw family member and made my way to the hospital. I am quite pleased with the thunderwear, but it does need to be adjusted sometimes when I first get on the bike....
Glad to hear you okay. How did you fly over the handlebars or should I say what made you fly over the handlebars?

·
Registered
170 Posts
dale914 said:
some of you guys have some good ones, heres mine:
Wife and I were bicycling down town on a bike path, side by side, she sees a tree root she doesnt want to hit so she speeds up and cuts me off, my front tire hits her now diagonal back tire, I fly over handle bars, land on my face. Gravels falling off my face, wipe it off, nope, that's blood pooring out, all over my face, legs, hands, go to emergency room, stitches, cancle floating river plans, cancle going in the sun for till April (no skiing either? plans)
SO, today sucked for me, but hey, I got 10 pain pills! I'll get picks soon, I need to come up with a cool lie for what happened, looks like a bullet hole right in the temple!
He posted this in the "bad day at work" thread.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, what happened: My wife and I were biking down a bike path, she didnt want to hit a tree root bump in the path so she sped up and tried to get where I was, while "passing" me she veered right, took my front tire to the right with her bike tire, and over I went. I dont know how many stitches I have, but I counted 12 tie offs, I have a sweet cell phone photo of me covered in blood as the "before" picture and the stitch up as the after picture for all that like... I still have to email it from the phone... so stay in touch, it should be up tomorrow... it's on the wifes phone and she's asleep now... OH, and thirdeye, the uncle mikes would stick way out in back while I bend over on the bike, it stuck out of my side when I lean over.... the thunderwear just stays below my gut but it does rest on the (nose? of the) seat, I much prefer the thunderwear to the mikes, other thing I didnt say is that it didnt fall out, very important, it's also fine when I run, but thunderwear gets sweaty... OH frusterating thing: I cannot ride my bike for a couple weeks now in fear of reopening the stitches, so I have to drive now for a while :sad: funny thing to, the last day I rode the bike to work was the day that I paid the bike off in gas prices... :eek: I havent even looked to see what needs to be repaired on the bike yet, brakes at least!
but thanks guys, I'm glad I'm ok too! Glock Holiday, I prefer to keep it on myself incase I'm offensively thrown off the bike, or if I'd need it in a real hurry, but that's probably different on a motorcycle...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Glad you weren't seriously injured. I tried Thunderwear and was amazed how my 1911 and extra mag could be completely concealed. Only negative was, no matter how much I practiced, a "fast -draw" was impossible. I now carry a S&W M&P45 in a Cross Breed IWB Super Tuck holster. Very comfortable and easy to draw when needed.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cannot find out how to email the "before" picture via cell phone, I received the email, but no picture was inside, I could send the picture to any of you with cell phones who knows how to get them online.... if anybody wants, it's cheeseball, me smiling in the hospital bed with a bloody beard :goof: , but here's the after picture

·
Registered
446 Posts
ouch thats gonna leave a mark. glad to hear your alright. try some silvadine on it. it feels great and it will reduce scaring. don't ask how i know. :grin:

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Glad you ok...The first thing that poped in my mind is you went down on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
dale914 said:
I cannot find out how to email the "before" picture via cell phone, I received the email, but no picture was inside, I could send the picture to any of you with cell phones who knows how to get them online.... if anybody wants, it's cheeseball, me smiling in the hospital bed with a bloody beard :goof: , but here's the after picture
Ouch !
It hurts just to look at the pic.
Glad to hear you are going to be OK.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Were you wearing a helmet?

I've been involved in some pretty big accidents while racing and training but some of the worst I've seen (and been a part of) were on bike paths! They are very dangerous.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and the cheezeball before pic, I cleaned up a bit before, had too much in my eye and nose to breath, so it' a bit clean... and ofcorse the cheeseball smile :goof: oh, this is on the hospital bed

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Glad you're okay, I just took my little guy into the ER, he busted open his head on his rocking horse of all things... no stitch, but head wounds bleed like a bugger. His head was spurting blood like no ones business.

My wife's glad I took care of it, she was freaked out he was going to bleed out then and there...

He's awesome though, his head is healed up and he's back at being a 6 year old, still doing crazy 6 year old boy stuff..

:lol: crazy kids!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts