AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the picture below, it looks like Connor is preparing to execute a Terminator. Assuming it is a "normal" rifle, wouldn't he know that they are immune to bullets? The rifle is an M468, probably in 5.56. Where's his phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Very cool picture, the first i have seen of T4. Hope it is better T3.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool when I ran across it on the internet. Saw the trailer for T4 when I saw The Dark Knight. I think Bale will play a good Connor and I sure hope it's a LOT better than that last craptastic abortion.

Also, don't forget! Sep 8 = new season of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The gun is loaded with them super-death-dealing-moly-titanium-teflon-coated-nucular-AP-cop-killer bullets. Since the ATF is the first to go in the future, the rebels have access to only the BEST in weapons.....

-Cabby

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might be right. My question more pertained to how Connor expected to kill a terminator with a "regular rifle". Hell, even Reese knew that when he went back to 1984 to save Sarah. Conventional firearms may have slowed them down a little, but they did no real damage to nothing beyond their "living tissue".

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I must beg to differ, Whilst the titanium alloy endo skeleton of a t100 may be very tough it is not impervious to bullets. Never in any of the films did a t100 take a direct head shot from close range but did show damage from other hits. The fact that the original t100 was terminated by being crushed would imply that serious damage to the head area would casue it to cease functioning.

While the 5.56mm would not be my first choice, I think a burst from that range would do the trick.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
i suppose a shot to the neck at that range would do it in.

i'd think 50 cals and bigger would be the name of the game in terminator hunting though.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flyingjibus said:
I must beg to differ, Whilst the titanium alloy endo skeleton of a t100 may be very tough it is not impervious to bullets. Never in any of the films did a t100 take a direct head shot from close range but did show damage from other hits. The fact that the original t100 was terminated by being crushed would imply that serious damage to the head area would casue it to cease functioning.

While the 5.56mm would not be my first choice, I think a burst from that range would do the trick.
I don't know about that. Ah-nuld had half his face shot off by a bunch of police at Cyberdine towards the end of T2 at pretty close range and he got along just fine. Heck, he was even still advancing towards them. I know some were using MP5s, but there were some M16 type rifles in there, too, firing the 5.56.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
looks like it could richochet and hit him in the groin........ :shock:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
i seem to recall someone saying he was aiming into the eye

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
When I saw that photo yesterday I thought it was that "plasma upper conversion". :lol:

·
Banned
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just_Parker said:
i seem to recall someone saying he was aiming into the eye
Could be, but the fact remains........

I cannot fucking wait to see this movie! :dance:

I really hope it takes the Terminator back to the evil, dark level of T1 and cut out some of that silly, corny crap in T2 and especially the T3 gay bar/Elton John sunglasses shit.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
dtemplar said:
Also, don't forget! Sep 8 = new season of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Outfarkingstanding.

Loved that show and hoped they'd continue it. Summer Glau makes me all kinds of happy. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
There's no such thing as an M468 in 5.56x45mm...M468=M4 6.8mm..

This movie is going to be EPIC!!! And I'm glad they'll be using real weapons rather than lasers and such.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
It may be that since it pre-dates an older John Connor that we've seen bits of in the last movies (judging by the photo of a younger Connor). Maybe they used conventional weapons earlier and evolved to the lasers much later. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
rayman1 said:
It may be that since it pre-dates an older John Connor that we've seen bits of in the last movies (judging by the photo of a younger Connor). Maybe they used conventional weapons earlier and evolved to the lasers much later. Just a thought.
It isnt THAT far in the future. The movie takes place in 2018. Hopefully that means there'll be alot of M4s and AKs kicking around :smile:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I can't believe no one knows that the first Terminators in the war against humans where made out of paper machete. :roll: So regular bullets can work against them.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Blanco_Diablo said:
It isnt THAT far in the future. The movie takes place in 2018. Hopefully that means there'll be alot of M4s and AKs kicking around :smile:
They expect earth to be overrun with futuristic hunter-killer androids in ten years? little soon don't you think?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts