AK Rifles banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Welcome to the group!

The unassembled parts kit might be worth $600 or so, but you would have to figure in the cost of the receiver and then the cost of building it into a working rifle. Depending on the receiver and builder, My 2 cents would place a value of about $1200 or so.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Welcome to the group!

The unassembled parts kit might be worth $600 or so, but you would have to figure in the cost of the receiver and then the cost of building it into a working rifle. Depending on the receiver and builder, My 2 cents would place a value of about $1200 or so.
Yep, that's what I meant. Sorry if not clear. Indykid nailed it.

The bottom of the receiver doesn't have any stamping?
That's a bit of the unknown. Might be a receiver from a flat? Home build? Could be good, could be trash.

It's a gamble if you can't handle it or test fire it for functionality. I've bought a couple 'home builds' that have been very good, but both were vetted by members in good standing here or on AK Files. They 'knew' the rifles.

Could be worth nothing more than parts, around $600. If it's a good rifle, even if home built, I'm with Indykid at around $1200. $1500 is just too high for an unknown builder/condition.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Buy it with a return guarantee if anything is built wrong or not as described. Cannot go wrong with original barrel Polish I would have 1200.00 if the gun was a total match. Not many original barrel Polish kits around. 600 to 800 is a usual kit price these days or more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where can I get a Polish OG barrel UF matching kit for $600. PM me a link please 🙏🏻 I’ve been looking for almost a year now.
I'd like to know where that kit is as well. I believe that a complete matching kit (minus receiver) with original barrel would be going easily on gunbroker now for $1,300 - $1,500. The really nice unfired ones are now going for $1,100+ without original barrel. I've been looking for a while also, and the excellent kits w/original barrel for less than $1,000 are extinct.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just some peripheral information about my Polish UF. I got the kit in 2016 from Midway (Grade 2, $330---no Grade 1). Bought a new Radom chrome cold hammered barrel--forget how much I paid, maybe $120. Sent everything to Meridian in Goleta, CA who added the trigger, flash hider, etc. for compliance and p
Font Wood Screenshot Gas Engineering
ut everything together. All in, my cost was about $1300. The folder is pinned and the part added to the magazine release is a major PITA--but that's California. It shoots very well and when all is said and done, it's mine!

Attachments

·
Registered
Krinkov
1,137 Posts
Just some peripheral information about my Polish UF. I got the kit in 2016 from Midway (Grade 2, $330---no Grade 1). Bought a new Radom chrome cold hammered barrel--forget how much I paid, maybe $120. Sent everything to Meridian in Goleta, CA who added the trigger, flash hider, etc. for compliance and p View attachment 337839 ut everything together. All in, my cost was about $1300. The folder is pinned and the part added to the magazine release is a major PITA--but that's California. It shoots very well and when all is said and done, it's mine!
How do you load it? Through the top with the BCG out and stripper clips? You’re only allowed 10 rounds? Is that correct?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just some peripheral information about my Polish UF. I got the kit in 2016 from Midway (Grade 2, $330---no Grade 1). Bought a new Radom chrome cold hammered barrel--forget how much I paid, maybe $120. Sent everything to Meridian in Goleta, CA who added the trigger, flash hider, etc. for compliance and p View attachment 337839 ut everything together. All in, my cost was about $1300. The folder is pinned and the part added to the magazine release is a major PITA--but that's California. It shoots very well and when all is said and done, it's mine!
How long ago was this? I mean if we are going back in time prices.....
Sorry missed the 2016 date

The original barrel for sure increases value. The receiver will make a difference as well, flat, blank versus serialized one. If it is well built with attention to detail and operates as it should, Atlantic had them for $1400 not to long ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts