AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be usually associated with a certain AK from Russia :razz: but I really want to learn about these Bulgarian guns. It seems the more I read the more confused I get. At first I figured an Arsenal was an Arsenal was an Arsenal...but I see there are factories in Bulgaria and Nevada? Whats the difference and wghat relationship do they have? The model numbers confuse me kinda, I may (long term) be in the 5.56 AK market, what are my options? Why are some converted lowcaps? Same deal as WASRs? The more I look around for answers, the more i see pics of 5.56 Arsenals, and they look sexy as hell!

Im sure Ill have some more brain busters later, but thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
I have a couple of tacked threads, one with Arsenal Bulgaria's website and the other with Arsenal Inc's.

Basically, Arsenal Inc. is the US subsidiary of Arsenal Bulgaria.

The milled M series, the M5 and M7, are built here in the US while the SLR series are imported.

The M5 is the 5.56mm version. Milled receiver, beautiful fit and finish.

They are no longer being built, so what's out there is out there.

Hope that helped. Take a look at the tacked threads and the websites, that should help alot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what is being built new? Is Arsenal of Bulgaria still importing?

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
The M7 series are being built here in the US with newly made forged and milled receivers (using the factory blueprints), by a bunch of Bulgarian smiths and techs brought over from Bulgaria and set up in Vegas.

The SLR series are imported. Currently the SLR-101, and SLR-105 are discontinued. The SLR-107A1 and SLR-108 will be imported later in the year.

The SLR-105, 107 and 108 series use a stamped receiver, everything else is milled.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that clears a lot up, thanks for the quic reply Temp!

I think an Arsenal and a Vepr could get along in the safe! :grin:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dieter122 said:
Kalahnikid said:

they might fight :lol:
Thats what I was worried about. I stored a glock and 1911 for a friend while back and I had to seperate them. At night I kept hearing hushed whispers of "I was practicaly designed by God" - "Fuck you, Ill never jam"

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Kalahnikid said:

Be sure and do a side-by-side comparison at the range then report back to us, okay, Buddy? :grin:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zane Zackerly said:
Kalahnikid said:

Be sure and do a side-by-side comparison at the range then report back to us, okay, Buddy? :grin:
Fair enough, but it will be a while if I do anything in the way of buying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts