AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on Copes' website. I paid $2K for my Tavor. If you're in the market, suggest you move quickly.:smile:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I suggest you guys give me a call and have a happy Christmas talk with me :)

haha...

I look forward to speaking with you guys...

Thanks,
Misty

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I saw a 16" and 18" Tavor for $1,699 at my LGS, sweet rifles but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a polymer rifle.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not crazy about the plastic, especially the plastic safety, but it is nothing like anything in my collection. Have put a few hundred rounds through her with no issues. MOA or a little better at 100 yards with 75 grain projectiles. Consistent hits on head sized steel plates at 200 and 300 yards. Easy field stripping for cleaning. Not for everyone, but glad I bought it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
When Glocks first hit the market, people said the same thing.
Come on Hootbro, polymer bullpups have been around for a while and have always been expensive. At least Glock pistols are priced for the average income.

I do enjoy the merits of bullpup rifles, I had a chance to handle the SA-80 with the Royal Marines and my buddies Steyr AUG A-1. I still have buyers remorse from the PS-90 I bought years ago, luckily I got my money back on that particular purchase.

Good fortune has been on my side this year and I have money to burn, I'm deciding wether to purchase the Tavor or a Colt 6920 at my LGS.

·
Registered
22,636 Posts
at least it's starting to come down in price.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
I gave $1850 for mine about a month ago with no regrets. I waited six years for these rifles to come to the US and it's the first rifle I've seen in fifteen years that I had to have and considering my dislike for the 5.56x45 caliber that should tell you something. Cudos to Mr. Kassner for getting the Tavor on the US market, it was a huge risk considering the current political atmosphere. Cudos to the Israelis for coming up with a badass 21st Century weapon ...

If you're concerned about the polymer stock get over it, unless you're planning on throwing your rifle in an open fire and letting it burn then it's a non issue. So far reliability reports put it on par with the AK, probably because the internal design is fairly similar to the AK/Galil. The trigger is a bit heavy but not unbearable and at least two companies should have trigger packs hitting the market within a month with trigger pulls in the 4-5 pound range. Manticore and others have already come out with a few products and will be coming out with new products sometime in the near future ...

Jerry Miculek has about a 40 minute review of the Tavor on Youtube ...

ETA: I really hate to admit this but I haven't picked up a single one of my AKs since I got the Tavor ...
:animak:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I removed the rear trigger return spring to lighten the trigger. No trigger reset issues so far. If your bolt carrier stop assembly is completely removed, you will have fun trying to reinstall it. Not explained fully in the owners manual and the picture of the bolt carrier stop assembly doesn't show the attached leaf spring. I eventually figured it out and found some info on bullpup forum. There's a funny YouTube video describing this very situation. Now just need a Geisle trigger pack and some back up spare parts when available.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I saw a 16" and 18" Tavor for $1,699 at my LGS, sweet rifles but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a polymer rifle.
You've obviously never shot a Tavor. :) They're REALLY nice.

·
Banned
950 Posts

I own AUG's but would likely get in on this deal before they are all gone for good. Trust me, the Tavor's will be the high ticket items if they ever drop the ban hammer. They are the shortest of the full 16" barrel length bullpups on the market. Prior to which, the shortest 16" barreled bullpup was the Norinco 86s- which was a turd comparitively. The Tavor has very slick ergo's more so than the AUG using the NATO stock and far easier to change mags with. Looking back, I probably would have gone the Tavor route if I didn't already own three AUG's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts