AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=8 ... b87582688e

I usually am not a 'conspiracy theorist' and will give credit where credit is due, but is it just me me, or did Tapco redesign their AK mags to look like the Pmag? :confused:

..and watch the vids of the testing. I would find it a lot more impressive if the truck actaully rolled over the mag lips instead of carefully only rolling over the heavily reinforced bottom plate...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yep. Looks a lot like a PMAG. I'm curious to see whether they hold up as well as the PMAGs do.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
looks kinda cool. i doubt its reinforced though. US companies tend to be lazy when it comes to reinforcement for AK mags.

·
Registered
512 Posts
A rep from Tapco posted some very provocative pics of these mags on their vendor forum on arfcom, and at the price I think they'd be interesting, but I already have enough AK mags to last through Armageddon. You can still get surplus steel mags for way cheaper than that too. I guess if you need compliance parts they may work. They aren't reinforced, but they do look like a superior mag to Promags, and they have a nice warranty.

·
Registered
366 Posts
We received a sample magazine while I was out of town and had a chance to look at it.

Other than no metal reinforcements, this thing looks solid. The "waffling" is appears to be a stronger design than the Bulgarian waffle magazines. The bottom of the magazine is very sturdy for "butting" and magazine drops with a floor plate that looks like a factory Bulgarian magazine.

Let me know if you guys need any more pics.

thanks,
Ron

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DoctorCheney223 said:
We received a sample magazine while I was out of town and had a chance to look at it.

Other than no metal reinforcements, this thing looks solid. The "waffling" is appears to be a stronger design than the Bulgarian waffle magazines. The bottom of the magazine is very sturdy for "butting" and magazine drops with a floor plate that looks like a factory Bulgarian magazine.

Let me know if you guys need any more pics.

thanks,
Ron
How about cellphone video of you running it over witha pickup truck laoded with concrete? :wink:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Geez.
I remember three years ago when it seemed everyone was bad mouthing PMags for AKs as junk. (Although the three I got with my first AKM worked great.)
Now they're held up as great mags and others are being compared to them. I guess I was ahead of my time!

I guess I'll have to get another set of the translucent smoke tint PMags just cause they're cool. It's neat to see how many rounds remain in a mag.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Sidecarnutz said:
Geez.
I remember three years ago when it seemed everyone was bad mouthing PMags for AKs as junk. (Although the three I got with my first AKM worked great.)
Now they're held up as great mags and others are being compared to them. I guess I was ahead of my time!

I guess I'll have to get another set of the translucent smoke tint PMags just cause they're cool. It's neat to see how many rounds remain in a mag.
Did you mean PMags for AR's?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Thekatar said:
Sidecarnutz said:
Geez.

Did you mean PMags for AR's?
PMags do not = promags
MagPul maks PMags

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
My mistake!

Yeah, I had ProMags when everyone was ridiculing them as junk. My three worked great though. Luck of the newb! :cool:

I didn't realize Magpul made AK Mags! Are they good? Who carries them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts