AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished building (really assembled them and opened the magwells and trigger wells) 2 Hungarian AMD63 Parts kits. The kits went together very well, I replaced the single hook triggers with Tapco Double Hook Trigger groups. I felt the finish on the triggers and hammers was rough and had lots of excess flashing. Cleaned them up prior to assembly.
Took the rifles out today to test them. They both fired well but on one of them the bolt carrier would hang on the hammer on recoil. Compared the hammers in both rifles and noticed that the one hanging was thicker in the area where the hammer hits the firing pin and the shape was more angled. I did a little filing on the ramp (top) of the hammer and a little on the face of the upper area of the hammer and took care of the problem.
Has anyone else noticed this or had this problem?

I loved the kits, Clearview Investments, AMD 63 Parts Kit with Receiver. Good finishing, parts all in good shape, easy build / assembly. Shot a very nice group out of both rifles.:)

This is my first post. I'll try to post some photos of the builds soon.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
A little buff and polish on the Tapco G2's does improve their performance. The carrier hang up with the G2's is a known thing, I hesitate to call it an issue because in general it does not cause an actual problem and usually clear up after a bit of use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts