AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If You could order the Tantal side optic rail repro, what serial number you would like to have on it?
I am looking forward to your PM with details.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Actually, the Poles did put the rifle's serial number on their two-piece rails (in addition to the scope model and serial number), its just not very visible. Rifle serial number is located on the forward bottom edge of the 2nd piece (that the scope mounts to) as indicated in this picture, which shows two 2-piece rails on edge, upside down:

Reactions: MPiKM-72

·
Registered
531 Posts
Excellent information! I had never seen an original optics rail from that angle before. Thanks for posting the picture for reference. :thumbsup:

Actually, the Poles did put the rifle's serial number on their two-piece rails (in addition to the scope model and serial number), its just not very visible. Rifle serial number is located on the forward bottom edge of the 2nd piece (that the scope mounts to) as indicated in this picture, which shows two 2-piece rails on edge, upside down:

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Never said they were Tantal rails, I am well aware of what they look like. I said that's the way the Poles mark them, which is true, but only once they are attached to the rifle.

I made these "proper" images to post a year ago, in case someone needs a refresher. Doesn't matter which type, they are all serialized (to the rifle) in the same way.

Polish mounts without a scope serial number seem like they're harder to locate; the un-numbered top plate in the post above is a nice find. My mounts are all numbered to scopes that I'll never have, so I have to be satisfied with engraving the rifles' serial numbers on the edge of the upper plates to make them appear more authentic. I'd guess it wasn't that unusual for a scope to be separated from the gun/mount it was originally issued with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts