1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Looks good!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
How would one go about putting selector like that within reach of a thumb, but on the right side (I'm a leftey)?

BTW, looks very good.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finished product.........

The original does just what the original originally did.......... :roll: :wink:

It keeps the dust out, keeps the action from being opened and that's about it. The left side is safe and fire now. To the rear is safe, clicked to either forward position the weapon will fire. And it works perectly. As far as mounting the other knob on the right side? I haven't the faintest. Here's some FINISHED pics...............enjoy........

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yeah, that's beautiful. Like I said, if I could get one on the other side, I'd be all about it... me being lefty and all...

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That right side switch would be tough with a regular receiver's huge, oddly shaped hole. You would have to start with a receiver with NO selector hole. I could do it then, no problem. Just mirror image the parts. Of course you'd have a huge gaping hole by the top cover.................. :neutral:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Damn this right handed-favoring world! Ah, oh well. One can always dream I suppose. Of course the normal selector switch looks like it might be little easier on a lefty than a righty... I'll know for sure come May!

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
If you put the right side selector to safe, but move the left side selector to fire, does the right side selector automatically go down or does it just do nothing?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The right side lever would do nothing but it would stop the bolt from completing it's rearward travel. I guess it would be a single shot. I don't feel like trying it out.................

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
With the gun unloaded, can you set the right side selector to safe and the left side to fire and then pull the trigger?

If it clicks, well wow I guess it would be a single shot. If it doesn't, then it would be a two safety system I suppose.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your first sentence is correct. There is not enough "meat" on the Tantal selector to make an additional internal safety and I didn't want to invent a dual safety system. This will work for me just fine. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
+1

I think you just volunteer'd yourself to helpout on a possible Tantal Project!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Captainska, I think this is what you want.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Stottman/vepr12-2.jpg

Tony Rumore from Tromix siad he can fab one if your interested.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Krinkfreak said:
+1

I think you just volunteer'd yourself to helpout on a possible Tantal Project!!
If you're referring to me you'll have to contact me in a week. I *SHOULD* be home next Monday, theoretically................

Hospitals can kill you though, and they almost have me. :sad:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts