AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've talked about the differences in the two variants of the Wz.88 Tantal pouches in this forum before, but I hadn't photographed them next to each other until today.

In the following pictures, the early variation with a single stud on the oil bottle pocket is on the left and the later one with two studs is on the right. The early one doesn't have a legible stamp on it, but the later one is clearly marked "1993", which was at the end of Tantal production.

Aside from the oil bottle pocket, there are only minor differences in the styling.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
pouches

Richard nice pictures with a nice stamp.Iv'e seen that before & didn't pay much attention to it.Nice to know.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The full stamp says "Rok 1993".

I wonder if "Rok" is the equivalent of the "OTK" on other Kalshnikov gear?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have one of the single stud oil pocket variations. I wish the stamps were more legible on mine. Has the same diamond or square and then the round stamp. Nothing else I can see on it, or any stamps on the underside of the leather tabs. I gotta say these in my opinion are the best quality AK mag pouch out there, at least for the 74 variants. Its built like a brick shit house, with such thick fabric. The worst Id say out of the pouches I have is probably the Romanian AIMS-74 pouch. The fabric on that feels like its a sewn dish washing towel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts