AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at picking up a Tantal kit. I see Copes and DPH has them for around $350. Anyone got one recently form either place and can comment on the condition?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I got mine from Copes, you can't go wrong with Copes. Have never bpught anything from DPH and comment on them.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
i got mine from copes. had to chop off the muzzle brake it was corroded on. soaked for 3 wks in penetrating oil and even took a torch to the sucker it would not come off. Whomever this rifle was issued to never clean the sucker.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I have 2 from Cope's and they are great. Model 1 sales has them too but no mag or bipod IIRC $325, not on website must call them.

I have built a handfull some rough looking early models and some pristine newer kits. They all shoot great.

The brakes are buggers but I have not ran into one yet that I could not remove. The corrosive ammo. shot by the Polish aids in this problem causing the barrel to rust to the brake. All needed the barrel trunnion mounted up in a good vice and given liberal amounts of penetrating oil and a propane torch heating the base of the brake near the FSB where the threads are. They were most likely installed under tight tolerances not intended for removal. Use a large flat shafted screwdriver in the brake hole it is a LH thread and work it back and forth little by little after heat then oil. You will have a smoking mess but it will release for you if you take time. You may need to do this process over a day or two letting the steel cool down between tries. None of the ones that I did took more than 30 minutes. Patience is a key.

Building a Tantal from a kit is easy with the NDS-2T as the holes all line up with the factory drilled trunnion holes. :grin:

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I have one for sale, cheaper than that!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have 1 and have seen 3 others from copes, and I have 1 from gunthings.com The one from gunthings is in better shape than the ones from copes. I think they are $20 more from gunthings.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I bought mine from Gunthings and it came with everything but cleaning kit.No problem with muzzel brake and very little cosmolean. Yes I love the fit of the NDS-2t reciever,excellent fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts