AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he says it is fine to send me a rifle and have me work on it and send it back to the owner and bypass the ffl. :dance:

so, i can work on whatever you got and send it back to you!

lighting cuts
weld up something
........

if you have a ffl receiver and want me to fit parts to it i can but if i build your ffl item then it is going back to a ffl.

this is fact!!!!! unless they lied to me. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,359 Posts
turbothis said:
he says it is fine to send me a rifle and have me work on it and send it back to the owner and bypass the ffl. :dance:

so, i can work on whatever you got and send it back to you!

lighting cuts
weld up something
........

if you have a ffl receiver and want me to fit parts to it i can but if i build your ffl item then it is going back to a ffl.

this is fact!!!!! unless they lied to me. :lol:
Get it in writing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,938 Posts
SA58 said:
turbothis said:
he says it is fine to send me a rifle and have me work on it and send it back to the owner and bypass the ffl. :dance:

so, i can work on whatever you got and send it back to you!

lighting cuts
weld up something
........

if you have a ffl receiver and want me to fit parts to it i can but if i build your ffl item then it is going back to a ffl.

this is fact!!!!! unless they lied to me. :lol:
Get it in writing.
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
He's absolutely right, if you send a firearm with a serial number to a gunsmith to do work on it, he can send it directly back to you.

If you did not send him a receiver, the completed gun must be shipped to an FFL in your state before transfer to you.

None of this is new. It's all plainly stated in the GCA of '68 if I recall correctly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
Exothermia said:
He's absolutely right, if you send a firearm with a serial number to a gunsmith to do work on it, he can send it directly back to you.

If you did not send him a receiver, the completed gun must be shipped to an FFL in your state before transfer to you.

None of this is new. It's all plainly stated in the GCA of '68 if I recall correctly.
Correct. I've had firearms sent directly back to me before...which is actually a pain from my perspective, because I'm never around to sign for them. :roll:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also he said as an oregon resident someone can buy a nodak or other 100% receivers have it transfered to them and then i can build on it and send them back the owner not to a ffl.

if i build the receiver then ffl

lets go oregon! :dance:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but tell me if i have this right: You do NOT have to have an 01 FFL to take a firearm from another individual either in person OR through the mail; perform work on it; and give or mail it directly back to them???? Is this right? 'Cause if so thats going to change some major plans of mine...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,408 Posts
Exothermia said:
He's absolutely right, if you send a firearm with a serial number to a gunsmith to do work on it, he can send it directly back to you.

If you did not send him a receiver, the completed gun must be shipped to an FFL in your state before transfer to you.

None of this is new. It's all plainly stated in the GCA of '68 if I recall correctly.
I am an FFL and this is exactly true....................but remember, the gunsmith HAS to have an FFL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,408 Posts
turbothis said:
also he said as an oregon resident someone can buy a nodak or other 100% receivers have it transfered to them and then i can build on it and send them back the owner not to a ffl.

if i build the receiver then ffl

lets go oregon! :dance:
You will need a mfg license!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,098 Posts
sgt5th said:
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but tell me if i have this right: You do NOT have to have an 01 FFL to take a firearm from another individual either in person OR through the mail; perform work on it; and give or mail it directly back to them???? Is this right? 'Cause if so thats going to change some major plans of mine...
If it's already yours, yes. If you never touched the actual firearm part of it(like an AK receiver) then no, you have to do the paperwork through an FFL first. I've seen some FFLs that only accept/send things back from/to other FFLs regardless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
if there is no receiver before you add the side plates, is it not manufacturing a receiver by adding the side plates and drilling the holes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
phreakmode said:
if there is no receiver before you add the side plates, is it not manufacturing a receiver by adding the side plates and drilling the holes?

It is.


Turbothis is a Class 7 manufacturer... he can do it legally. He is not some hobbyist offering this out of his garage, he is legal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
phreakmode said:
if there is no receiver before you add the side plates, is it not manufacturing a receiver by adding the side plates and drilling the holes?

It is.


Turbothis is a Class 7 manufacturer... he can do it legally. He is not some hobbyist offering this out of his garage, he is legal.
thanks for speaking for him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
phreakmode said:
Q-gunner2 said:
phreakmode said:
if there is no receiver before you add the side plates, is it not manufacturing a receiver by adding the side plates and drilling the holes?

It is.


Turbothis is a Class 7 manufacturer... he can do it legally. He is not some hobbyist offering this out of his garage, he is legal.
thanks for speaking for him

Thanks for being confrontational about a question you asked regarding a pretty commonly known fact (yes, I've spoken with him about re-welding too). Are you being upset for him?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
I said thank you. Thanks for answering for him. Upset? I was curious and asked a question, calm down there Tanto.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top