AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have at least one of about every other kit except FEG, to me they are not significantly different or sexy enough to justify a another kit in the pile, I may be swayed by your comments if you really like em

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
No Hungarians? :shock:

If not, youre only missing out on one of the highest quality Kalashnikovs out of Europe. Pick one up! If you decide not to build it, im sure you could double your money in as little as a year.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got some 65 kits, but for the FEG you think it's better or on par than bulgarian or polish AKMs?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
This is the one I recieved from Centerfire,beautiful kit with excellent fit and the original finish was'nt too bad either.This one had the neck of a broken case stuck in it!

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
The Hungarians built beautiful AK's. Pick one up while you can Joe!

Anyone else notice that the Hungarians were the only country to mate an AK-47 gas tube with an AKM gas block?

·
Registered
185 Posts
1Gunner said:
I got some 65 kits, but for the FEG you think it's better or on par than bulgarian or polish AKMs?
i think they are better than the pol's and real close to the bulgi

you prolly got your amds for 50-80 bucks
so you attach no value to them

·
Registered
589 Posts
I got a great one from CFS. Very, very good condition. I refinished the wood myself. The dishwasher trick works great on the Hungarian wood. No stain, just a little sanding, wooling and Tung Oil. The kit is sitting at In Range right now. :twisted:

·
Registered
261 Posts
My FEG kit I put together on a Tapco flat out shoots all my other AK's.......Romy's,Polish and even my Global Trades 1.6mm receiver rifle I bought at CFS and It's close to if not equal to my Norinco's.....My NHM-91
might shoot as well....... I just got a B grade kit from Centerfire Systems
for $149......It was in really good condition.... some small chips in the furniture but the rifle looked fired..... but my Arsenal USA shows more wear on the bolt and carrier after 250 rounds....

Here is my FEG on a tapco flat

Very little sanding then some Tru-oil.....

·
Banned
413 Posts
You guys must have bought your kits from CFS when they first came in because the select kit I received in early December was not that great.

The wood was in such bad shape that I removed all the metal hardware and gave the wood to a guy at work. The finnish on the metal is about 70%. The bore is in excellent shape though.

If GT will ever get off their butt and send me my receiver I ordered on 12/2/05, I'm taking the kit to InRange and letting Troy work his majic.

The wood will be a re-finished dark brown Romanian set with palm swell lower HG and a Polish orange bakelite grip.

I would have sent the kit back to CFS but I wanted a cousin for my Kassnar UF with Russian furniture.

Bill

·
Registered
100 Posts
Those SA85's look great! I may just have to order one to build as soon as I can. Do you guys know if CFS still has them for sale? I like the look of the Hungarian wood grip with that blonde stockset, that sets the whole kit off. Thanks for the pics. :cool:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes, I got one when CFS first put them up for sale. In very good condition, lightly sanded the stock and rubbed it down with boiled linseed oil, lightly sand blasted all metal parts and painted them with flat black molycoat. It also keeps my other SA-85 FEG underfolder company. Love those Hungarian weapons. :grin:
BCR#1 said:
You guys must have bought your kits from CFS when they first came in because the select kit I received in early December was not that great.

The wood was in such bad shape that I removed all the metal hardware and gave the wood to a guy at work. The finnish on the metal is about 70%. The bore is in excellent shape though.

If GT will ever get off their butt and send me my receiver I ordered on 12/2/05, I'm taking the kit to InRange and letting Troy work his majic.

The wood will be a re-finished dark brown Romanian set with palm swell lower HG and a Polish orange bakelite grip.

I would have sent the kit back to CFS but I wanted a cousin for my Kassnar UF with Russian furniture.

Bill

·
Banned
413 Posts
SVT said:
BCR#1 said:
Kassnar UF with Russian furniture.

Bill
Hey Bill, Welcome to the forum. Have any pics of your Kassnar U/F? Id love to see them! :twisted:
Thanks for the welcome SVT. E-mail me and I'll send you a couple pics of the UF.

If you could, would you post them to the Hungarian pic thread.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
feg sa-85 build

I need any info you can give me on this build(new to this).Plan on using
GT receiver-CFS kit.Any help would be great.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Just get in on the Special Edition Rifle...........it's the Hungarian SA-85.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Don't do it. I got 3 in today from CFS and they are shit. I opted for the hand picked and they must be getting to the bottom of the barrel. I've actually have 79 dollar yugos in nicer shape. They will be sent back tommorow first thing and I will be ordering some more yugos or romys unless someone knows of some nice staight stocks out their.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
To me the big big draw on the hungarian guns is the silky smoothness of the receiver (and the bolt carrier sliding over it). Without the hungarian receiver, some of the other kits look pretty good.

I just got a romanian 'G' kit that must have been new when it was cut. Absolutely sexy, with a manufacture date of 1980. Still had a paper tube in the bore.

Plus, I try to like the hungarian grip, but I can't. I have a re-masculated SA85 with a cherry AMD 63 kit installed on it, but I had to take the wood off, in part because I can't hang with the grip (that, and my stock isn't up to par with the grip and the forearm that came off my SA85M). I put black plastic on it, and I like it much more now, even though it's not 'authentic'.

Aw, buy one, what the heck. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered one from Akparts.com, it was in pretty good shape.....all matching 80% finish, all the acc. Wood was so so. All in all I'm very satisfied with it. I have the butt stock sanded down, still need to do the rest.

·
Registered
129 Posts
KY AK--
you bring that 85 to knob creek and I WILL steal the rear stock off of it!! LOVE that swirl!!!!!!!!

:shock: :lol: :bd: :reaper: :roflmao: :dance: :bh: :animak: :sniper: :jerkoff:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts