AK Rifles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. What's going on.

Thought I might pick your brains for a minute.

First off, has anybody mounted a Tabuk-style hider on anything other than a Tabuk? I tried doing a search for it but that didn't turn out so well.

Also, where in the $*&^ can one find an AK-100 style combo gas block/front sight base? It doesn't have to be original Russian or anything, I just want the combo block, and not the bolt-on kind (I'd have to mod my handguard for that, and I really don't want to futz with the wood). I saw the ones that Krebs had, but they're for a .750 barrel and way too wide to fit on my x39 barrel, and I'm not exactly comfortable with the concept of shimming the gas block. Especially not if I'm going to perm the muzzle attachment close to the block to stay out of SBR territory.

Also, just how exactly are you supposed to make sure that when you swap gas block that you're properly aligned with the hole in the barrel? I've never seen the process for that adequately explained.

· Registered
2,360 Posts
i dont know anything about tabuks.
the only gasblock option know of is restoreit1 check the thead link below
the way i align is to measure the gas block from rear to center of gas port
then do the same to barrel. then wrap masking tape on barrel to correspond
with edge of gas block and press untill it touches tape. the 90 gas ports are
beveled to allow for some misalignment so a couple of thousandths is not that critical.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=121195

G

·
Rapier said:
First off, has anybody mounted a Tabuk-style hider on anything other than a Tabuk? I tried doing a search for it but that didn't turn out so well.

You mean one similar to this one NDS sells? If so yes i have one on a Romy.

The only pic I have of it on the rifle is an old one here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.