AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I like DMR style of build and I want to build an AK like this one,does the Tabuk barrel work on a regular I guess AKM trunnion and or parts kit? If I'm not mistaken the Norinco NMH91 barrel uses a different size trunnion vs the rest of the AK types. If I want to build with a Tabuk barrel can I use a different parts kit besides a Tabuk? They are expensive and I can't afford it lol, and also does anyone know what flash hider is on that gun?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
What you have pictured is not a Tabuk even though they’ve cut the stock out similarly but not quite like a Tabuk. You‘ll want a Yugo M70 kit. Probably use a Polish or Russian AKML or CSS makes a knock off flash hider.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you have pictured is not a Tabuk even though they’ve cut the stock out similarly but not quite like a Tabuk. You‘ll want a Yugo M70 kit. Probably use a Polish or Russian AKML or CSS makes a knock off flash hider.
I learned more since posting this what I am trying to see is what's needed to use a Tabuk style of barrel on my M70 compared to a RPK barrel, does the Tabuk use its own size with the gas block? I know what I need to put a RPK barrel on but not the Tabuk, is it like the Chinese that have to be difficult and use different sizes than all other AKs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another thing I forgot before asking is that ny M70 kit is a underfolder so a DMR is out of the question lol, but if I don't leave it stock I'm really thinking of a RPK underfolder or M72S with a 16in heavy barrel. Someone else just posted one and it looks tough as hell! We'll have to see what my finances allow lol. I just paid off my Zenitco Handguard and I need to save for my 5.56 parts kit since I already have the receiver so I need to finish it. Once I get to a press I can start building the RPK and M70 I have everything for them, I need to save for like I said the 5.56 and another AKM parts kit and then I have everything for all my builds, and also a few more build tools. I'm in no rush but it will be great when I have everything. Attempting to change the barrel on the M70 will push things back too since I need to save more money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah I saw on the ad it's a clone, I just really like that buttstock and I found a place so now I'm debating to put a Tabuk stock on my RPK, I know people will hate me but it's going to be my build and if I do it I'll still have the original buttstock so I won't worry about originality.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should find a PMK stock to put on your RPK. They‘ve gotten spensive tho. I’ve been looking for 1 to play with but have had no luck in finding 1 for under a couple hundy.
Oh wow they look nice, I like all of them even the clubfoot stock but the PKM stock is really nice even a replica stocks are nice, I need to look into it now lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should find a PMK stock to put on your RPK. They‘ve gotten spensive tho. I’ve been looking for 1 to play with but have had no luck in finding 1 for under a couple hundy.
I been thinking about it a lot and thank you for telling me about that PKM stock that thing looks great and I am doing mine just like this, I am a huge fan of cheese graters on guns and it looks badass on a RPK

Attachments

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
PKM stocks will need modification to work for the AKM pattern.

Its not hard to do. I have a couple I picked up years ago and fitted to work on AKM.

They shine for a high mount optic but not so much for open sights use.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PKM stocks will need modification to work for the AKM pattern.

Its not hard to do. I have a couple I picked up years ago and fitted to work on AKM.

They shine for a high mount optic but not so much for open sights use.
I found a place that has actually sells PKM conversion stocks and they have the clubfoots too which I was going to go with until I saw the Tabuk and then this PKM stock was even nicer lol, but I'm glad I found out about the PKM because I like that look way better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts