AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working with Criterion and they have agreed to manufacture a run of Tabuk DMR Barrels. If you have interest in building one of these rifles, don’t miss your chance to get a high quality barrel for your project! These barrels are intended to fit original Tabuk kits, Yugo M70 kits, and many PAP rifles. Barrels are the correct length at 21.3” long. Every attempt has been to made to keep these as correct as possible, even down to the machining marks. Barrels will have a military crown, threaded muzzle,extractor cut and will be held to Criterion’s match grade standards. They will NOT have the gas port drilled, any pin grooves or hand guard cut, and will be in the white. These will need to be populated with your barrel components and head spaced to your trunnion. They will also need to be given your choice of blueing or paint. This first run is for non-lined barrels, but if there’s enough interest, there is a possibility for a batch of chrome lined as well.

Pricing is as follows:
Non-Lined $180 (w/ a minimum order of 100 barrels,price if much higher if we don’t meet 100)
Chrome Lined $250 (w/ a minimum order of 50 barrels)

Criterion will be collection a 100% deposit and shipping directly. Shipping and handling will be $25 for the first barrel, and their standard rate for additional barrels. CC payments will have a 3% surcharge. Check Preferred. Criterion will be contacting you once we meet our 100+ buyers.

From buyers we need: Your Name, Email, Phone Number, and how many barrels you want. Please also include whether you want Non-lined or Chrome. Please indicate wether or not you would accept substitution if your preferred choice of lining does not meet its minimum.

Please Email [email protected].

*Your information will not be shared with anyone but Criterion.*

Submissions should look like this:

Real Name
Phone Number
Email address
One Chrome barrel
*Non-lined OK if numbers aren't met

Attached is the blue print with specific dimensions, please check to make sure this will work for your project.

30 days after this is posted, if we meet the minimum order, I am sending all of the submissions to Criterion. Criterion will then contact you. Deposits for the barrels are %100 of the cost. Criterion has given me a rough estimate for manufacture time of 6 months, depending on work load and how quickly they get all of your deposits. So, the quicker you get your submission and then deposit, the quicker you get your barrel. Thank you all and let the barrel buying begin!

Please respect marketplace rules and do not post questions on this thread. Please ask here: http://www.theakforum.net/forums/52-iraqi/179490-tabuk-barrel-group-buy-akfiles.html
Or PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
If I'am not mistaken Criterion will get ahold of all interested buyers when they hit the 50 barrel count on each kind of barrel, ( chrome lined or non chrome lined ). Now from what I understand they are only going to offer this for a certain amount of time and if they do not get at least 50 barrels per barrel type then they will not produce the barrel that does not meet the 50 count.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have a question.
Maybe two...
If I send in my deposit, and the number of barrels is not met (and no barrels are made)
will I get a full refund, or will Criterion only give me "store credit"? I am going over a fixed income to buy this as it is.
I am not trying to be a dick. I really want this to go through. This barrel is exactly what a lot of us have been hoping for. And to see the deal evaporate would be a real kick in the ass.

I was thinking about the seemingly slow progress of people willing to participate due to just such a concern. Perhaps if this was cleared up other financially challenged dregs like myself would be more apt to jump on this. I can live with the "delayed gratification" thing, but don't want the rug pulled out from under me, either.

That's all I have to whine about today. Thanks......

<---- Looks like I'm not very well liked anyway (add emoticon here).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump. Numbers are coming slowly. Sorry I am slow with answers, my real job has taken over my life until fall.
The way this is set up, No deposits will be taken unless there is enough interest to do a run. IF they were collected and then fell through, you would be issued a refund.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bump. Numbers are coming slowly. Sorry I am slow with answers, my real job has taken over my life until fall.
The way this is set up, No deposits will be taken unless there is enough interest to do a run. IF they were collected and then fell through, you would be issued a refund.

So what is the status? How many have committed and how many more are needed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am gonna update this for 8ton. I am one of the first to get up in the middle of this.

First of all IDK the status. But there is a count going on.

What I wanted to post was this link to criterions page that they created recently, since it doesn't seem to be on this thread:

Tabuk Contour Yugo M70 Barrel

Also. As I understand it, criterion took over the group buy to avoid troubles with refunding money. Unless things have changed, the money will not be taken until the count is up. Once the count is up, everybody sends in the funds. Once the funds are received the barrels will be built. If the funds do not make it and the group buy goes south, criterion will refund all those who paid. HOWEVER, take my words with a grain of salt. I would contact criterion to get the full scoop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts