1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Firearms in canada are mostly half the price then the US, And thay can get stuf we cant. (Of course they got lot more Restricted Items)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
The last one I picked up was a svt40 without the scope cuts, Not arsenal refinished no import for $750 matching except mag.
Before that was $500 for arsenal refinished, scope cut, forced matching in excellent condition

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Same price as xcibes, last show I was at I saw two. Both dealers knew what it was and both seemed to be overcharging. Prices start at $800.

·
Registered
314 Posts
$550 for one in rough condition without the mag. Another dealer wanted $1200 for a supposed Finn-capture that looked like it had been drug behind a truck.

I have not seen a good condition SVT in a while.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I paid $600 for mine bout 6months ago.
$600 appearsr to be a good price. The one I mentioned above cost me $250 a few years ago and I recently traded it even for an entirely correct Korean War H&R Garand. :mrgreen: Now I'm down to 1 SVT40 & was wondering about the present value since I never see them anymore.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
800-900 bucks seems to be the norm I've noticed in Tx. But online I see them in the 1k range... Some getting towards 1100+

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
A lot of factors in pricing SVT's....like with all Mil-Surps

Year,import,non import, refurb, non refurb, matching, force matched, maker, etc etc etc

Genuine snipers cost the most and can go over $2K

Kovrovs fetch the premium out of the non snipers....I sold one that was not import marked for over $1300 a year and half ago on GB.

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23266

a Tula for $900 and a Izhevsk for $850

·
Registered
175 Posts
$ 600.00---$800.00 at my local fun shop when they get one.Recently,more have been showing than in the last 5 yrs.
Not all are recent imports either.Whats up with that I wonder?
dat85

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Went to a show in Mobile today: not an SVT in the building. :neutral:

Looking forward to a huge show up in Montgomery in Sept: 1/2 gun & knife, 1/2 War of Northern Aggression displays. Should turn up some interesting stuff there.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Btt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts