AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All ? I used to travel a lot for work, to a city that would be high on the list for a possible terrorist attack, and I always worried about being away from home if the SHTF. I thought how it would be nice if I had a few contacts in the area ?just in case?; a like minded individual or individuals that I could count on for a little assistance if needed.

I had the idea that we could start a contact list here and I ran it by 762BODYDROPPER and he approved. We can keep the info down to a minimum; screen name, city, and state. If you are going to be traveling you could contact a person(s) in that area through the board. Of course, participation is optional. If you post your info here I?ll update maintain the list sorted by state.
Edit by 762BODYDROPPER: I will be deleting all posts after names are posted in the list below. Thanks for being part of the site and the SHTF community.

Florida
Ptannjr - Ocala

Georgia
762BODYDROPPER - Douglasville
Rusty - Loganville

Hawaii
N.Franklin - Ewa Beach

Indiana
ACMcom - Northwest (southeast of Chicago just over the illinois state line)
solution_zero - Indianapolis

Iowa
hondajohn - Cedar Rapids

Michigan
chewonthis220 - Detroit
glockamolee - Clinton Twp (north of Detroit)

Minnesota
mn_nobody - South Metro

Missouri
sparkky - Kansas City

Nebraska
APB2772 - South Central

New York
Dieter122 - Waterford (near Albany)

North Carolina
Hk_45_ - Gastonia

Ohio
BillSXT2002 - Cleveland
cnow - Dayton
TRKFrye - Lebanon

Pennsylvania
spent brass - Glenside
Instante - Central PA (1/2hr south of Harrisburg, 2hrs East of philly, 1hr North of Baltimore.)

South Dakota
CornFedHusker - East Central

Texas
CaptainSKA - Royse City (Northeast of Dallas)
holeshot - Two hours West of Dallas, two hours East of Midland all points off of I-20
lloydkristmas - Waco / Plano (college and home, respectively)

Virginia
M4arc - Virginia Beach
PhillyB - Roanoke
SIXPACK - Colonial Heights
Templar - Richmond/Mechanicsville
Q-gunner2 - Williamsburg

·
Registered
10 Posts
SIXPACK: Colonial Heights, Virginia.

·
Registered
435 Posts
TRKFrye

Ohio - Lebanon

·
Registered
41 Posts
if the SHTF how are you going to log in to the internet? (thinking New Orleans, power outages in NE US couple years ago)

Seems like there should be a phone # too - maybe available only to people on the list?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
adrock said:
if the SHTF how are you going to log in to the internet? (thinking New Orleans, power outages in NE US couple years ago)

Seems like there should be a phone # too - maybe available only to people on the list?
The idea is to plan ahead. If you are going to be traveling to an area you come here, look over the list to see if anyone lives nearby and you make contact with them via PM or email before you travel. At that point you can exchange information just in case the SHTF while you're there. :wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
SURVIVAL MEMBER CONTACT LIST !!

Yes, I agree that phone numbers are optional, this can be arranged when the contact person/s met and planned on the e-mail, but other than the cell phone....don't forget the CB radios or alike that you can easily hooked up in your vehicles or carry in your pocket and use our forum names as our "HANDLES"....do you guys and dolls agree with this idea too? Let us all print copy this list now then.
By the way, I'm in Pittsburgh, PA and some times in Manila. Philippines.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Survival member list.

By the way guys and dolls, we have to decide what or which number on the CB radio we should use "ALWAYS" to get in touch with the ones. We should at least use two (2) stations in case one of the other is not available or not capable of transmitting, and also, we can all add another station privately if the CB radio have been "picked and twick" by a reliable some one and only by one technician so we all get the same private station. Do you have any other suggestion? say it!!
Deep

·
Registered
2 Posts
adrock said:

Actually the only means of communication I knew of in NO was the internet. Remember that the way the internet (TCP/IP) is designed is that if one node fails another will take its place. Even in Katrinas wake people had the internet for the most part. You best bet I will try to find an internet terminal, if my phone doesnt work.

PhillyB - Roanoke, VA

Bring on the zombies!

·
Registered
839 Posts
APB2772: south central Nebraska (it's so flat here you could watch your dog run away for three day from the front porch) :grin:

·
Registered
14 Posts
West Texas, two hours West of Dallas, two hours East of Midland all points off of I-20. Call me, we'll shoot looters together!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 149 Posts