AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got back home yesterday and was able to pick up my M17 I had ordered. This morning I took the opportunity to take some detailed pictures of what I received. Others that have received these handguns report that the condition varies from like new to showing some definite use and holster wear. I would rate mine at very good condition with just a few minor wear marks on the grip area and some very minor wear on the top of the slide.

Information received from a Sig employee says that approximately 3500 of these pistols were released for civilian sales. Serial numbers reported so far on the Facebook Surplus M17 group, range from TF00010 up through the TF005844

The box as received:

The contents:

Box contains one M17 pistol with one 17 round magazine, two 21 rounders and various bits of literature including the Certificate of Authenticity and an extra recoil spring and the gun lock (not pictured):

The magazines are brand new. Some have been shipped with used magazines with various unit and/or other identifying numbers/letters.

View with 21 round magazine inserted:

Slide markings are unique to military issued M17's with the manufacturer code and part number:

Same code and numbers on the barrel:

Left side:

Grip has a rack number marked in Sharpie "GUN1". I have been told over on the Facebook group for these that it means that it was issued to a M240 bravo gunner.

Field stripped:

Underside of the slide:

·
Super Moderator
25,706 Posts
Those are going to increase in value in just a few short years. Nice score! Let us know your impressions when you take it out.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I was issued one a month ago, ok overall but not my favorite

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
There are 2 at the local Cabelas for $599 per pistol.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Tag had M17 on it. The same worn out finish like OP's pictures. Like faded plastic.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Tag had M17 on it. The same worn out finish like OP's pictures. Like faded plastic.
Then I'd jump on them. They've been selling on GB for 3X that. Maybe that time has come and gone but I'd double check

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Son just got his issued to him. While he would rather have one in 45 acp, he says he likes it MUCH better than the POS Berreta he was carrying. Shot expert with it...........with BOTH hands! Yes, I am proud of my Son!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
sig cardboard box prices will eclipse Chinese ak box prices.

So weird. You can get the authentic commemorative military version for $3000... or the actual military used surplus ones for $600.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
WHAT 'local' Cabelas just in case you don't go back to score them both? Also do they SHIP to other FFLs?
What I saw was that this Cabelas in Lubbock,Texas hasn't had 7.62x39 in over a month. NO AK47s at all! Their used rifle racks have gone from 2 to 1 rack. More clothing labels that were under Cabelas are disappearing only to be replaced with more labels that are under Bass Pro Shop. The Toys section has increased in size as well. Finally, I know NOTHING of the latest Sig sucker ploy.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
What I saw was that this Cabelas in Lubbock,Texas hasn't had 7.62x39 in over a month. NO AK47s at all! Their used rifle racks have gone from 2 to 1 rack. More clothing labels that were under Cabelas are disappearing only to be replaced with more labels that are under Bass Pro Shop. The Toys section has increased in size as well. Finally, I know NOTHING of the latest Sig sucker ploy.
I'm not much of a 320/M17 fan but there are peeps on another board who are going nuts over these. Posting all the little scuffs and scratches

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Ok. I didn't know that there was a Commemorative and a regular M17. You're better off buying 2 American Eagle Gold coins. To each his own I guess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts