AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I see lots of discussion here about RA / Molot / IZH and the VEPR's future imports. Anybody now the fate of the Super VEPR? I'm glad I grabbed mine last year but got a buddy who's interested. Yup, let him shoot it and now he want one!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Last I heard was RA was not importing any more Super Veprs due to issues with cracks in the wooden stocks. RA went on to say they were trying to get the Russians to market the Super Vepr with a more durable synthetic stock. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

G

·
According to RA :)roll: take that with a grain of salt) the Super is still available, but they will not import them in any real numbers until the Russians supply a polymer stock (supposedly due to the wood stock cracking).

BTW, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
BiggerStick47 said:
Damn vepr3x, great minds think alike!

My thoughts exactly! Nice hearing from you again. Sorry you lost your "forum" over at RA. Really miss your scathing posts! Fair and accurate though as always.

Welcome Smoke! Nice avatar! :smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, now you guys have me concerned about the wellbeing of my stock. The Russian hunters love this thing so let's hope if it's tough enough for them it'll hold up for me. Seems very nicely made and I've had it completely apart. Probobly would avoid smashing against rocks and it would be nice to have the option for synth but for now I got wood. :eek:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm sure the stock will be fine. I'm just :mrgreen: cuz I don't have one to go with the rest of my VEPR family. The Super Vepr is one nice looking rifle. Enjoy it and browse around the Forum. Lots of nice folks and tons of useful info. Welcome aboard! :smile:

G

·
I agree with veprx3, remember this is RA saying there is a problem with the stock. That may just be another excuse for not having them in stock................It's always the Russian's fault...........

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey veprx3, thanks for the welcome. My pleasure to be here - been reading for a while figured it was time to jump in.

It really is a pretty gun, gets lots of attention at the range. People don't believe it's an AK derivitave (so the patent says :hail: ) and especially when they see how it shoots. :shock:

G

·
Ya like they could not make a plastic stock for it like they do the VeprK and Vepr2. That companie has their head in the sand. But hey so do many other companies in Utah.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
BiggerStick47 said:
I agree with veprx3, remember this is RA saying there is a problem with the stock. That may just be another excuse for not having them in stock................It's always the Russian's fault...........
What you said! :lol:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome smoke.You guys leave RA alone....They are doing the best they can.....With what they have.....I heard they are hard up for money cause alex had to have a piece of 4"x9" plexiglass implanted into his stomach....So he could see with his head up his ass :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for the welcome, I'm glad to be here with you nice gents.

Yes, RA does not seem to really have their sh*t together but I have to be thankfull for them or we would have no VEPRs at all! Little is still better than none! :twisted:

So onto another topic for the Super - has anybody tried the PowerCustom (powercustom.com) adjustable trigger group in it? I've already polished my parts and now it's so smooooth! :grin: but I'd still like to adjust the pre/over travel. I'll certainly replace the disconnector spring with the Wolff to drop the weight a tad.

PowerCustom say it fits the VEPR II .308 with but with the RSA hammer. I wrote them about the Super and they said it *should* work but I'd like a bit more decisive answer.

Guess this really comes down to what exactly are the differences between the VEPR I/II .308 and the Super? Obviously stock, barrel, and gas tube but what about the action and receiver?

So experts, come on out and help out a noob! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
welcome SmokeNMirrors! like they said i'm sure that wooden stock on your super vepr will do great. like they said RA comes up with all kinds of shizat all the time. i personaly have never heard of any faults from the people i know who own them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
762BODYDROPPER said:
Welcome smoke.You guys leave RA alone....They are doing the best they can.....With what they have.....I heard they are hard up for money cause alex had to have a piece of 4"x9" plexiglass implanted into his stomach....So he could see with his head up his ass :lol:
:lol:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Smoke, the problem with all of the rifles in the VEPR family is this...There arent many of them around so there havent been any tests with them. Such as people putting different parts on them....Untill recently, Nobody even liked them. Only in about the last year have they became so popular that people want them and want to tactify them. The Super VEPR is multiplied in that aspect by the fact that there are only a handful of them in the states....Basically you have to do what I have been doing....Gather all the info you can on the parts like measurements and the like....then measure your existing parts....And if you think they will, Buy them. But be sure before you buy them that the manufacturer will take them back no problem without modification. You just gota play it by ear.......My theory is this: You can do anything you want to your gun with enough enginuity and resources.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hiya BodyDropper- Yes, you're absolutely correct and your approach is right on. So I start with the "gather all the information you can" and hence my posting.

It?s a shame they?re still so scarce but as the word on them has spread that?s changing rapidly. Let?s hope that RA can figure that out and keep up rather than jacking the price on us to slow things down to their pathetic pace. :doh:

The VEPRs are about the only AKs really worthy of accurizing and especially so on the Super. Unfortunately one can't really measure the action parts purse, short of mechanical drawings or CAD files. Hopefully at least someone can tell me if it?s the same action as the other .308s.

So likely I'll just have to try it and become my own expert in which case I?ll be happy to share my findings here. One day perhaps we?ll find all our VEPR answers here on the forum.

:beer:

·
Registered
621 Posts
You could try to call robinson, That seems like a simple enough question that they should be able to answer. If I am not mistaken all the standard VEPRs take standard trigger parts...You can put a g3 trigger in a standard VEPR. so if you have any other AKs I would take out thier triger group and see if it will fit in your super...If it does them you should be golden...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts