AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm pretty pissed :evil: and sad :sad: right now. I ordered 3K rounds of 5.45 ammo from SG on 1/24/06 because I bought my first AK74 (SLR105R) the same day. The original ship date for the ammo was 2/13. I was very cool with that. Then just days before it changes to 2/20. Ok, so what. Only another week. So 2/20 arrives and now it's bumped even further to 4/01. WTF?!!! How the hell can SG misjudge the ship date so badly?!

Anybody have the inside scoop on this ammo shortage? I know everybody says this is just a slump, but damn! I know there are many of you who have probably been waiting longer than I have. It really, really, really sucks to have a firearm that you can't shoot from lack of ammo!!! I'm almost starting to regret purchasing the AK74. But nothing to do other than wait it out and hope for the best. [/rant off]

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
They base, estimate, their shipping times on the estimated arrival date of the ammo from their supplier.

·
Registered
89 Posts
did it to me on my spam cans of 7.62 also. was supossed to ship the 20th. i dont need the ammo yet. i have 1k rounds but its in a ammo can i like to have at least a couple spam cans around. i sold all my 5.45 to freinds that needed it. then i truned around and sold my sar 2, i deceided i want my ak in 7.62

5.45 is hard to get around here you order in bulk or you dont see or find it.

Ronald

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Initial order for 2 spam cans and 1K 5.45 17/Dec. Received cans 2/Feb, 5.45 now will ship 3/March. Welcome to the club, line forms at the rear. -=NOTE=- I placed another order for 1k of each, ship dates are Aug. for 5.45.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Same thing for me...........just got the "Still on backorder" e-mail. :sad:

Damn! :evil:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, more bad news. I just checked the status again and now it's been bumped from 4/1 to 8/13!!! :shock:

There is some hope though, one of the cases I ordered is for Wolf HP. This is apparently scheduled for 3/31. I'm not holding my breath though.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
The arrival dates are real. Those are the real times that they get the ammo in.

HOWEVER, there are THOUSANDS of people on the waiting list. Lets say 20,000 rounds come into SPG. Many people confess to ordering as many as 4-5 cases at once! So that 20,000 rounds ends up going to 10-20 people and the rest of us wait for the next arrival. The next arrival goes to however many people it can support, when it is all out the date is pushed back again to the next time they get ammo in. That is just how it works.

G

·
I ordered back in December. Only 1 case. I've got enough to last awhile but have 3 rifles in the 5.45x39 caliber. Still haven't received anything. Now I hear that if you ordered when it was cheaper and used a discount coupon you will likely get the ammo after they fill the higher priced orders. It appears it isn't first order, first deliver.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I just called them today. My 1000 rds of 5.45 is still set for 4/01 but we shall see.

Maybe someday things will straighten out...............then again Hillary could.........ahhhh..........forget it.......... :twisted:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Not that Im a huge fan of Wolf brand 5.45, but I emailed them asking what the deal was and when to expect it in normal quantities and not rare to find. They never told me why it was so short and such a delay, but they claimed late April it should be easily available again. Im not gonna hold my breath on that. I prefer Barnal 5.45 and that will proally take even longer to find again as it was rare to begin with. Right now Ill take any brand I can that shoots out of my 74.

·
Registered
183 Posts
mohawkALSE said:
Not that Im a huge fan of Wolf brand 5.45, but I emailed them asking what the deal was and when to expect it in normal quantities and not rare to find. They never told me why it was so short and such a delay, but they claimed late April it should be easily available again. Im not gonna hold my breath on that. I prefer Barnal 5.45 and that will proally take even longer to find again as it was rare to begin with. Right now Ill take any brand I can that shoots out of my 74.
Hi mohawkALSE,

FWIW, I order a case of wolf FMJ from this shop in upper NY

COLLECTOR RIFLE & AMMO INC
1025 Route 82
Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
Phone: 845 227 4100

I received it ('05 stamp) in 6 days. I don't know if they still have it in stock, but it may be worth a shot. They don't have a web site, but they were very nice to deal with over the phone.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well this could be a good sign. Originally, my order was bumped from 2/13 -> 2/20 -> 4/1 -> 8/13! However, it is now back down to a more reasonable 4/30. We shall see...

·
Registered
790 Posts
I called both SG and ammostore a day or two ago, and they both said 7.62x39 is backordered until the end of March.

Clearly the web stuff cannot be trusted when they post the product as if it were available, but in-fact are only taking backorders without even letting the purchaser know that to be the case. Pretty bogus....

I'm not going to place any orders by web until I've confirmed with an actual human (or close facimile) that what I want is actually there.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sent off an e-mail to Wolf last week, this is what I got back:

"We will have more 5.45x39 in stock at the end of March. Thank you for your inquiry and interest in WOLF Performance Ammunition.

Sincerely,

WOLF Ammo"

-GreatWarAZ

1 - 20 of 26 Posts