AK Rifles banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it. :cool: Just refinished the metal last night so I'll post pics later this afternoon or evening. I now have a functioning (safe and fire only of course) left side selector with the three positions and markings to boot. It was a bitch. The Polish rifles must have taller receivers or SOME geometry that's different because boy was I surprised when the bolt carrier was smacking into the selector shaft! DAMN! I wonder how they really are set up? I had to notch that shaft to clear the carrier in all three selector positions and design and make a REMOVABLE (for disassembly) "lug" to act as the actual safety on the left trigger leg rather than the right side. Then, I had to reshape the hammer and trigger spring to clear it all. BUT, it was worth it.................pics to follow shortly............. :wink:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here ye be.............I didn't officially put it back together but did this just for the pics...... :smile:

The selector and markings.

The modified original and new made parts.

The right side markings (just for the hell of it!) :wink:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Lookin' good!!!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All done!

Assembled and finished product.............. :wink:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that now. Lower and maybe a tad further back? Hence the mods to my right side selector. Too late now. :roll: Turned out OK all things taken into consideration. :neutral: :wink:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eodinert said:
Let's see the inside, all put together!!
I'll see what I can do for you. :smile:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The markings are hot!

How does that puzzle go together? I can't finger it out by looking at the parts in your picture...

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm still recovering from major surgery. I haven't been in the shop for three weeks! :mad: I hate this crap. Anyway, keep posted, I'll take a pic or two of it. Although............you SHOULD be able to figure it out!! :wink: :razz:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have an idea for what I want to do, and I think it will work.

I will have to fabricate a new axle for the left side selector, but it should work like this (if I've fingered it out right):

Left side safe/fire
Right side safe/fire

if either is on safe weapon will not fire.

Surgery is no fun. Get well.

~Doug

1 - 14 of 14 Posts