·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October 3, 2008

Kalashnikov Rifle Armorer

Harlan, Kentucky
PRICE -$180

The AK rifle family is in use in over 60 countries with nearly 100 million rifles produced. Whether you select this rifle as your primary weapon, as we do, or simply that there is a good chance of coming across it in the field, you need this class as a bare minimum.

The class will be a tutorial on taking them apart, putting them together, modifications, cleaning, etc. No tools are required, but if you own your own please bring them along.

Duration: 1 day

Ammunition: None

Requirements: AK-47 Type Rifle

Instructor: Randy Harris

Enroll for this class at http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com ... ProdID=559

KALASHNIKOV GUNFIGHTING

October 4-5, 2008

Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
PRICE $400
Harlan, KY

The AK-47/74 series of rifle is one of the most prolific and useful weapons on earth. Close to 100 million have been made in various parts of the world and anyone's chances of encountering these weapons is high. This special course will take a close look at the Kalashnikov Rifle System and teach you to fight with it in both the standard "urban rifle" engagement as well as in the Close Range Gunfighting matrix. This material will have you appreciating the AK platform like no other rifle. it is too simple to be "tactical".

Duration: 2 Days 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Prerequisites: Students must have attended a basic tactical shooting program from a recognized school. While this is an entry level class to the AK, it is not for beginners.
Ammunition: Approximately 500 rounds (minimum) - Factory Loaded FMJ Ammo Only Please.
Equipment: AK-47 type rifle, (3) AK magazines and any ancillary rifle gear. Pistol, Holster, Pistol Magazines. Eye and Ear Protection. Note: Chest Rig/Tactical Vests are not allowed with CCW Holsters. If you wish to use a Chest Rig or a Tactical Vest, use a vest mounted holster or a thigh holster. Blackhawk Serpa Holsters are not allowed in class.
Instructor: Randy Harris

Enroll at http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com ... ProdID=557

BOTH TOGETHER FOR $530

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still have some room left in this class!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Alright, I got back this afternoon.

I highly recommend both the Armorers Class and the Gunfighting Class.

Derek taught the Armorers Class and we went over operation, detailed stripping, failure corrections and some modifications. I detail stripped my Yugo Underfolder and cleaned out crud that was probably from the Baltic States. I learned greatly from the hands on instruction with someone that knows what he is doing to give me insight on how to do things easier. He shared his knowledge from doing builds and learning better ways. We learned from his pain :smile:

Randy taught the Gunfighting Class. Randy is a GREAT Instructor! We started with basic manipulations: Magazine Changes, Sight Picture, Carry Positions. Once he ran me through dry drills we shot live and then started to go into moving and firing. We went over transitions from rifle to handgun and scanning 360 for other threats.
Day 2 we went back over the items from Day 1 then progressed into different firing positions (kneeling and prone) and shooting from cover.

I feel much more confident in my ability to run an AK and look forward to more training with Suarez Int. and Randy.

Thanks to Tony for setting up the Range and for his Southern Hospitality.

Kudos to Suarez Int. and to Randy Harris for still holding this class with only 1 student. That's right, there were 2 of us signed up and the other guy couldn't make it so I got a 1 on 1 class.

Randy is a great guy and does not trash other instructors or forms of instruction. He teaches the way he and Gabe believe the way the AK and Handgun should be run and gives the reasoning behind it. I'll be back for more training with the AK at Suarez Int. and I'll be taking a Force on Force Class with Randy in the Future.

I am bruised and blistered. It was Great!

:dance:

Cheers,
Dion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts