1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I once had a customer ask me
"Do you have those sights that glow in the dark?"

I was in a unusually comical mood this particular day and
replied, "No, but i do have the ones that glow all the time
that you can see when it is dark. Will those work??

He was confused, and i was smiling... :lol:

KyAKguy

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Not all are stupid....some are funny, some sad, some intriguing, and some a sign of the times....all are true.

1) Got any of them "G"-locks? :confused:

2) Those S.I.G. pistols any good? :confused:

3) "Can you guys order me a matched pair of sig P210s"? (Phone order from a "CNN correspondent" working in Russia...he bought them both) :wink:

4) What do ya got thats "on the list"? (during Clinton ban era) :roll:

5) Do you guys sell volleyball nets? (over the phone) :lol:

6) "WHOA! THAT'S BAD ASS"....from about a seven year old kid in front of his dad while looking at a Mac-11 in the case. Dad smirked. :neutral:

7) "That thing fit you ok, son"....from a "real" cowboy dad to his 5 year old son who is very skillfully shouldering the Chipmunk .22 rifle he is clearly getting for his birthday. Kid was dressed in boots, hat, shirt, and little itty bitty wranglers (complete with rodeo style belt buckle) matching dad's outfit entirely. Cutest thing I had ever seen. :smile:

8) How much are those FN-FALs....$4000.....OK, I'll take it, with 50 mags, a pair of Sig 228's, twenty mags each, three cases of .308, two cases of 9mm, and two of those nice holsters please. Customer's platinum Amex was hit with about $11,000 that day during the pre-Clinton ban frenzy. He had never owned a gun before that day. :eek:

9) What's your price on 10/22s? $129. OK...I'll take 20 !!! (Polygamist father at Christmas time...seriously) :eek:

10) What do you give me for this Colt 1911? $150. OK. :evil:

11) See, this grip safety and thumb safety prevent the hammer from falling on a loaded round......BANG....(colleague ADs bird shot .45 load into wall while demonstrating 1911 to customer). Customer...."hey, did that thing just go off?" :eek:

12) "no speak English".....from a group of range customers as I was confronting them about their kitchen table converted full auto Tec-9 they were shooting. Group left without incident. :eek:

13) "fine f$(&ckers, I'll keep the gun and cancel the charge on my credit card"....as the disgruntled customer pulled the special order gun and a colleague of mine over the counter starting a brawl in the store. :eek:

14) "Get the F*(K off my son" as mother of said colleague and store owner points Springfield 9mm five inches from customers face. :shock:

15) "I ain't afraid of that thing!"....as amazingly calm customer continues beating son. :eek:

16) "F**K THIS"....as eightbore decides he needs to find a better job. :mrgreen:

Never let it be said that working retail gun sales is "boring" ! The above is a random selection of probably a hundred or more similar or even identical incidents at our shop. I remember at least four illegal full-autos showing up on the range over the two years I worked there. Had a guy almost drop dead in the store from ODing on his blood pressure meds, more than one polygamist "group buy", and one guy came in to sell a gun his kid used to kill himself....it was still in the police evidence bag and still had dried goop on it. True story. Thank God I got out of that place!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The nice man at the local Big 5 sporting goods says .308 ammo chambers and fires just fine in Mosin Nagants.:doh:

"Plus its cheaper than x54r !!!" :neutral:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I was in a shop when a customer came in and asked for black powder. The clerk picked up a can of IMR smokeless. "Thats not black powder," the customer said. The clerk opened the can and spilled some of the powder in his hand. Then says, " Its black isnt it?"

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
We now keep a box of bullets (projectiles) and a box of sea shells behind the counter for those daily, "let me get a box of shells" and "Can I get some bullets". :twisted:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Budoka34 said:
We now keep a box of bullets (projectiles) and a box of sea shells behind the counter for those daily, "let me get a box of shells" and "Can I get some bullets". :twisted:
Nothing like making your customer feel stupid to make a sale. :goof:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Costumer guy ahead of my friend and me wanted to know about buying a "Chopper."

-Gun store salesman guy replies, “We don’t sell motor cycles here, this is a gun store.” :lol: :hail:

Urban Dictionary: CHOPPER - a fully automatic weapon that chops through the streets fuckin up what ever it can hit.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chopper

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hate to say it - but would have to be "Can I get some help or service here?" Doesn't seem to get you either around here!

·
Registered
696 Posts
8) How much are those FN-FALs....$4000.....OK, I'll take it, with 50 mags, a pair of Sig 228's, twenty mags each, three cases of .308, two cases of 9mm, and two of those nice holsters please. Customer's platinum Amex was hit with about $11,000 that day during the pre-Clinton ban frenzy. He had never owned a gun before that day. Surprised
Probably the biggest reason why congress might hesisitate to pass another AWB, it will only encourage this 10 fold.

·
Registered
893 Posts
j_tudeski said:
Costumer guy ahead of my friend and me wanted to know about buying a "Chopper."
The local gun store near my parent's place is ok, I wander in around once every 4 months or so, but the potential customers are amazingly fun, and every time I'm there there's at least one such incident:.

Guy walks in, points to a Desert Eagle:
"Hey man! Ima buy me this GLOCK! You <guys> take jewelry for trade? Can I get this gat on layaway?"

:neutral:

·
Registered
312 Posts
This happened just two weeks ago at a local gunshop. One which I will never go back into. The owner approched myself and a friend and asked us "Are you guys AFT agents". It seemed we knew more about his guns that he did :grin:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I used to have customers want to see a "Smith and Western" pistol or a "Mossenburger" shotgun.

We also had a customer come in asking if we had a gunsmith... He had a drill bit stuck in the end of his .22lr barrel. Seems he was trying to convert it to .22 mag :lol:

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Was at a gun stop awhile back when a cracked out lady came in, wanted to buy the cheapest gun she could get and stated she needed that day, and presented a drivers license that was out of state and wasn't even her :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Customer walks in local shop with a brand new HK P30 never fired, how much will you give me, clerk calmly says $350, customer "OK", i wanted to throw up.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
We used to have guys come in carrying rifles or pistols with messed up sights all the time. They would say, "This rifle wont hit paper" and then when you look at the sight, it is about 1/4" to one side or the other of the dovetail. I used to have MAJOR fun with these customers. We had a huge steel table in the back room about 10 feet from the cash register. When a guy needed his sights adjusted, I would say "just one second"....go into the back room, close the door and gently tap his sights toward the center. Then before opening the door, I would grab a big hammer or block of wood and bang the hell outta that steel table for about three or four minutes making all kinds of noise. I would then come out faking exhaustion and say "WHEW, that got it, you should be on the paper at 25-50 yards now.....good luck...no charge". They usually had eyes the size of silver dollars when I opened the door.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I was at Academy Sports Saturday, and the woman behind the counter was showing a .380 to customer. She says, "thats what I have, I just want to knock 'em down, not kill them." Others around them nodded
approvingly. :neutral:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts