AK Rifles banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question on inert grenades. What makes them inert in terms to the ATF so they do burn your house down, kill your dog and have you half naked on the front lawn?

Hootbro

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Hootbro said:
Stupid question on inert grenades. What makes them inert in terms to the ATF so they do burn your house down, kill your dog and have you half naked on the front lawn?
Hootbro
First off, No! Explosives, second would be the fuze is demilled and not operable or was an inert fuze from the factory. Alot of the US grenades on the market are cast dummies or training grenades for use by the US military, the blue levered fuzes are training fuzes, once there used they cannot be used again. McM

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Any grenade with no explosives or propellant is not a grenade, it's a decoration. Unless of course, you are in California, then it's a felony.

Many of the grenade fuzes you see for sale are functioned, and all the pyro in them is consumed, or they are manufactured 'dummies' for display only.

Most striker release grenade fuzes can be 'reloaded' with a new primer and time fuze, etc. So far as I know (at least where I am) there is no prohibition on anything that does not explode (a smoke grenade is not prohibited in AZ, by my understanding). When you start talking blasting caps, you're taking it to a new level.

All of my grenades have a fuze that is functioned or manufactured with no pyro filler, and the explosives are removed/absent.

I suppose they could call it 'constructive possesion', but without any pyro/bang, by my understanding it's a non-issue. Your mileage will vary by location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts