AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21,878 Posts
may be stupid but apparently someone did it...

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
I believe you can set "Buy It Now" to be removed once a bid has been put in, may be the case with this one.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yeah evidently someone bid on it trying to get it for less than the buy-it-now, then other bidders came along who would've gladly paid $350 for it if they could have but the buy-it-now was gone and they bid it past that point. It happens sometimes.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dawg180 said:
I believe you can set "Buy It Now" to be removed once a bid has been put in, may be the case with this one.
Ahh, that makes sense.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The auction started at $1.00, and the bidding war began.

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
There is some weird stuff that goes on. I got an ak rifle for the buy it now price when someone bid ONE dollar lower than buy it now. Guess he didn't really want it or couldn't scrounge up another dollar :roll:

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Just another reason to really contemplate a "Buy It Now!" offer. That actually happened to me once - instead of using the option, I started bidding and others soon followed. Before if was over, the last bid was at $400- quite a bit over the initial "Buy It Now!" price that was $320. :doh:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I tried to buy that kit day before yesterday, and it would not let me via the buy it now option.

·
Registered
491 Posts
BIN

Click the little blue question mark behind the Buy it now price and this comes up.

BuyNow! Price for Buying
(last updated on 5/31/2005 2:00:57 PM)

Some items may have a BuyNow! price. The BuyNow! Price is publicly posted in the item listing. If the item has a BuyNow! Price you can immediately purchase the item for the BuyNow! Price without placing bids and waiting for the auction to close.

Be aware that once the bidding for an auction meets or exceeds the Reserve Price, the BuyNow! feature will be disabled. The BuyNow! feature will also be disabled if the bidding exceeds the BuyNow! price.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. So I'm only partially stupid. :lol:

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
21,878 Posts

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
I put a rifle on there once, old milsurp something or other, and my buy it now was $400.00. I had 3 guys wanting it and instead of someone doing the smart thing and hitting buy it now, the did what you see here. They bid it OVER my buy it now price. I ended up getting over $80 more for it than the buy it now. Dumbasses are born everyday.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
people are stupid and get caught up in bidding wars,crazy shit..
seen guys with several of the same item listed and 1 with a bunch of bids and several with none when it ends :roll:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
ItchyFinger said:
I put a rifle on there once, old milsurp something or other, and my buy it now was $400.00. I had 3 guys wanting it and instead of someone doing the smart thing and hitting buy it now, the did what you see here. They bid it OVER my buy it now price. I ended up getting over $80 more for it than the buy it now. Dumbasses are born everyday.
I have sold a lot of stuff online and have found it best not to use a Buy it Now! I think you will get more letting the bidding wars go on!

T :wink:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Penguin said:
people are stupid and get caught up in bidding wars,crazy shit..
seen guys with several of the same item listed and 1 with a bunch of bids and several with none when it ends :roll:

:lol: +1

A month ago, I bought 4 Bulgarian 5.45 mags with a pouch. I bid on both of the guy's auctions within the last 15 minutes of the auction (same condition, same capacity, same factories, same pouch type). One of them... got bid up to around $75 shipped. Mine? I paid $57 for.

Also seen the same thing with ammo, stripper clips, pouches, etc... click on a sellers "Other auctions" and watch the fun.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts