AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got a RPK buttstock for my NMH91. I get it sanded down some to match the butthole stock I took off. A couple east taps and it's almost in, have to take out a little on the top by the tang, then "shit". That thing is beyond stock, pulling, hammering, using punches, levers, screwdrivers, nothing!!!!!!! Any advice would be wonderful.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have two techniques I use for getting stuck stocks off.

I have a rubber hammer that I use alternately hitting the top and bottom of the stock, hammering away from the receiver..

If that doesn't work..

With the bolt carrier out, I find a stick that is about an inch wide, a half inch tall, and 8 or so inches long. I come in from the front, and go over the hammer and under the rear trunnion. You should be able to get directly against the stock, inside the receiver. Then, I get the BFH out, beat the hell out of my stick, hammering towards the stock, of cours. That always works.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I use an air hammer but then again i use an air hammer for everything, basically i used EOD's number two method but with an airhammer with a blunt tip. I use an air hammer to remove stocks, remove rivets, install rear rivets, install trigger guard rivets, remove barrel pins and sometimes remove stubburn barrels. Its the wonder tool in AK construction for me. McM

·
Registered
621 Posts
Tie a rope to a tree, then tie the other end to the front sight block....Then tie a rope to the ball hitch of your pick up truck and the other end of that one to your buttstock. Leave about 6 feet of slack in the rope, get in drop her down into 4 low and 1st gear...them punch it......

Or you could just do like EOD says. If your gonna be changing stocks around alot, you should invest in a brass drift pin. stick it through the reciever against the buttstock, then use the BFH to smack it like it stole from you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts