AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've gone through numerous forums looking for the reason and solutions as to why the 5.45 WPA polyformance ammo keeps sticking in the chamber of my AK-74. But when I transition to 7N6 surplus right after I clear the hang up in my it AK runs like butter again. Well...I checked 3 types of ammo (7n6, WPA MC FMJ, WPA poly FMJ) to compare how they fit into the chamber and they're sizes in 3 different spots. For the chamber test I noticed 7n6 and WPA MC seated smoothly and fell out just as easy when pointing the muzzle up right. Where as the WPA poly needed a little assistance to seat all the way and to be removed. So I checked all 3 type of munition with a micrometer in mm setting not inch, and between the Tip of the neck, the Belly of the neck, and just before the extractor rim, the only one that showed a variance was the belly of the neck on the WPA poly which read .625mm compared to.620mm on the 7n6 and WPA MC. So with that extra .005mm added to the belly of the neck of WPA poly,can cause the round to seize up in the chamber after expansion of the case (if and when it does) on top of the carbon blowback that can happen. So I hope this helps others with there STUCK CASE issue even though it is a lengthy post.

All procedured during this testing were done with a field stripped weapon, meaning no bolt carrier assembly for those new to AK platform.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem DVS. But is does suck at first, finding the right ammo. But remember this some manufactures like "WOLF" have a satisfaction guarantee. So remember to keep your receipts of purchase during your testing. Good luck and Happy Hunting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts