AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
I wish the guy best in finding it but odds are he will never see it again or it will turn up in some gang banger bust and by then he would probably not want it back. Most hot guns like this are passed around and sold for drugs.

I did check mine though. :twisted:

Hootbro

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Well....this could represent a problem. You see....there is more than likely more than one Chinese rifle with the serial number 5966. We need to know the factory that produced it, and who imported it.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A fixed stock Polytech with underfolder bayonet. If it matches that description, there won't be more than one SN. The ATF would go apeshit.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Man theres tons of PolyTechs with underoflding bayonet. If it was in the Houston area seems like its more than likely still in the area...did you contact all the pawn shops?????? Thats the first thing you do after reporting it stolen. Then call all the gun stores.

·
Registered
617 Posts
To Q-gunner2: thanks for posting that over here. I just registered, so a big howdy-do to all!

That rifle is a PW85-full serial nmuber 05966. All parts are stamped with the four digits 5966.

I pretty much know this is a lost hope, but I can't help but put the word out every once in a while, just to be ornery.

I called every pawn shop from Louisiana to Florida, all the way up to kentucky. Can you tell I was a little attached to my rifle?

Anyhoo, thanks for responding to the post, and what the hell...the damn thing might turn up one day, you never know.

Thanks again!

Kenny

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do not give up, I had a Smith & Wesson Model 19 that was recovered after 15 years. It was stolen in Phoenix, AZ and, we had moved to Wisconsin when it was recovered. It was returned to me (after a bunch of screwing around) and I gave it to my son as a present. Sorry to hear what happened. Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wish you luck in recovering it. Sometimes miracles happen...

My Colt MKIV series 80 pistol was stolen and recovered some 8 years later in Los Angeles by the Sheriff's Dept. It was really easy to get back as the LA boys sent it to the CSPD for me to pick up. No questions asked either. Very strange. The only problem was the condition of the pistol: almost all blueing
gone with rust pits all over one side as if the person carried it inside the waistband against their body. I sold it soon after. What a shame!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Funny update on my rifle:

Hattiesburg PD called me up and told me they found my rifle, so I went up to the station to identify it. Turns out they recovered an SKS with the very same serial number as my rifle. I pointed out the error, and they said "the description said Polytech SKS-762, didn't it?", and I corrected them with "No. Polytech AKS-762, which is an AK-47 variant. Good try, though." So my rifle is still out there in thugg-land(They know who has it. He's known to them, and I still can't figure out why they hushed this up. The kid who stole the rifle wouldn't give up who he sold it to, but the cops knew, and told me that "this'll have to ba handled a little...differently." Me having to kiss my rifle goodbye must have been what they meant.).

Sigh...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well, it's goin' on five years now, and still no sign of my Polytech. I browse the local pawn shops on a regular basis, but I figure it's getting to the "lost cause" phase. I'd dearly love to meet the guy who has my rifle, though...

G

·
0 Posts
And the sad thing is, they probably dont give a shit its such a nice AK. Hell they coulda taken a rommy and been just as happy because its "an AK". F'ing idiots :evil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts