AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle always buys me and my sister stock for xmas I usually buy something that is a sure bet coke, MCds etc. bu I was wondering if there are any gun/ammo company's that are publicly traded other then ruger? how about molot, Izzy or federal ?
If not a gun company any other insight would be great

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Actual gun companies ... Smith and Wesson is the only other US Gun Manufacture that is publicly traded. However, some ammo companies are part of public companies. Don't know off the top of my head but I'm sure that little google searching will give you those answers.

I'm guessing your looking for ones that trade on US Stock markets too. Would be nice if the Freedom Group when public but that hasn't happened yet.

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
Dividend paying stocks of almost any sector. Too much of a future uncertainty to be heavily invested in arms and ammo....for now!
One crackpot in a public place or executive action could wipe you out in pre open or after hours sell off. Spend some time on
cnbc.com for your research.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have invested in ATK who owns Federal quite a few times over the past year. It has done extremely well. It was trading at $60 during the panic and its at about $117 today. RGR made me quite a bit of money over the past couple years as well. Currently i have some money in CCJ and HAL. I usually have about 20 stocks on my watch list and watch them to get an idea of their trends and set my target prices to buy and sell.

If you are looking for stocks directly related to Guns the ones that I know of are

ATK
RGR
SWHC
CAB

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys they dont have to be gun company's others are fine

·
Registered
510 Posts
You looking for a long term hold? Or something shorter? I'm a big fan of CCJ for long term since I think increased Nuclear Energy use is unavoidable in the future. Short term my wife has been doing well on the penny stock DSS. They are basically patent infringment headhunters and have a couple big lawsuits against a couple big social media companies like facebook.Of course I'm not a professional and I suggest doing your own research.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bitcoin...may lose it all or may be the buy of the century. Nothing risked, nothing gained. Value 6 months ago was 100-150USD. $600 three days ago up to $1100 as of last night. Someone sold large volume this morning and took profit and it dropped to $700 but still climbing...out preforming Gold/Silver and ANY STOCK.This is digital currency that can be used internationally to buy goods. Downside is it is a real threat to The FedResve and greenback so congress may try and ban/regulate it. Several guys bought it when it first came out years ago, forgot about it and recently turned their $100 purchase into several hundred thousand dollars of profit. Again, it has a downside. But the upside is massive. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Here is advice from someone who has lost and gained money trading stocks. Dont invest in something that you dont know about. Make sure you know what the company does, owns, gains and losses, records of gains and losses, ect. This will help you to determine if it is a stock for you.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bitcoin...may lose it all or may be the buy of the century. Nothing risked, nothing gained. Value 6 months ago was 100-150USD. $600 three days ago up to $1100 as of last night. Someone sold large volume this morning and took profit and it dropped to $700 but still climbing...out preforming Gold/Silver and ANY STOCK.This is digital currency that can be used internationally to buy goods. Downside is it is a real threat to The FedResve and greenback so congress may try and ban/regulate it. Several guys bought it when it first came out years ago, forgot about it and recently turned their $100 purchase into several hundred thousand dollars of profit. Again, it has a downside. But the upside is massive. Just a thought.
how do you know you are actually going to get them friend bought some off the net and never actually got anything lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts